Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a big boy win last night by a team the rest of the league knows is the best in the NBA...doing that on the back end of a back to back road trip swing against a team that has been playing great is more than impressive - it's deflating to their playoff competition.

barring significant injuries, there isn't anyone keeping the Bucks out of the NBA finals - then it'll come down to how bad the NBA powers that be want the Lakers to win the title after Kobe's passing...

The Lakers are certainly the favorite but I don't think they have the West locked down like the Bucks do the East. They may not be the best team in LA once everyone is going full speed.

Agreed, but my point about how badly the NBA wants the Lakers to win to put a bow on the Kobe narrative also includes Western Conference postseason scale-tipping if/when the Lakers play the Clips, Nuggets, etc.

The Lakers are certainly the favorite but I don't think they have the West locked down like the Bucks do the East. They may not be the best team in LA once everyone is going full speed.

Agreed, but my point about how badly the NBA wants the Lakers to win to put a bow on the Kobe narrative also includes Western Conference postseason scale-tipping if/when the Lakers play the Clips, Nuggets, etc.

This does make me a little scared. They don't even try to hide it at times - the end of the Lakers/Celtics game this past weekend being a prime example of how officials can blatantly swing a game in the Lakers favor. Long way to go before then though, let's get to the Finals first and worry about it then!

It's made me more than a little scared all year. "Lesser" teams do win the Finals, you don't need to look beyond last season, but they usually have to demolish the favored team a la Pistons over Lakers, Raps over Warriors. The less darling teams can't afford to let the logo hang around in a bunch of games really late, where the NBA officiating monster loves to rear its ugly head.

The Bucks do have a superstar though, and the one who is carrying the league forward.

It's more like if the Bucks don't play really well in a Finals matchup, they are allowing the outcome to be more influenced by officiating. If you put yourself in a position where LeBron James just has to drive the lane and draw fouls over and over you are not doing yourself any favors. If you combine that with 38% shooting you are in real trouble.

The NBA doesn't exactly have a great officiating history so it's not like those concerns are unfounded. I don't know if the NBA cares much about outcomes but they can't be huge fans of a 5-game series.

Bucks have no more than 2 losses in any month (2 in October, 1 in November, 2 in December, 2 in January, 1 in February).

The remaining road schedule is absolutely brutal. They go to Miami, LA Lakers, Denver, Dallas, Toronto, Boston, and Philly. If they can get through that gauntlet at 5-2 or better I'll be very pleased.

To be fair OKC has played a lot of games recently and looked tired but yes that was a beat down. They were also missing Gallinari who is their Middleton. (yes I know we were missing our Middleton)

I am very excited to see more Giannis/Marvin frontline combinations. I think this will be our death combo in the playoffs.

I would love to end games with Hill, DDV, Middleton, Giannis, Marvin.

Archived