Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
Lol, yeah it is. The only reason I brought it up is because everyone knows what the Bucks are right now. We are basically napping until the 2nd round of the playoffs and the hypotheticals are more fun to think about than the 40th team we dropped 130 points on last night.

This, my friend, is called "enjoying the ride".

I agree that the last four pages have been brutal to read.

I guess I just don't understand the last couple comments saying that. First, no one here is being forced to read things that they don't want to. Saying something like this accomplishes nothing but crapping on anyone who has been involved in any discussion over the referenced amount of time or pages.

There's a lot of Bucks related discussion to partake in with this team. The future of Giannis is one. The future of Coach Bud is another. Whether or not the Bucks can attract star free agents is another. I guess, to me, as long as those Bucks discussions are healthy and debated respectfully, what's the harm? Not every post needs to be a lovefest about how awesome the Bucks are. We all know that they are.

Just my opinion and two cents on it, I guess. I think everyone is enjoying the ride. I agree it gets to be a little old when people are ripping on a 47-8 team and saying they're lost and they're going to lose in the playoffs because they can't defend the 3 and so on, but there really hasn't been any of that going on lately.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why Giannis is spending so much time on the bench today. He's not in foul trouble and has sat half of the game so far.

Giving up too many boards and second chance points, otherwise we're winning this running away right now. Obviously, Giannis would help with that.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I mean if the refs are just gonna put Philly on the line all day it will be a close game.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Nice win. I can't understand how the 6ers are such a bad road team. I mean usually there is some home/road split but for a team to be a world beater at home and a complete albatross on the road is just hard to figure out.

Nice win. I can't understand how the 6ers are such a bad road team. I mean usually there is some home/road split but for a team to be a world beater at home and a complete albatross on the road is just hard to figure out.

[sarcasm]Sign stealing?[/sarcasm]

Beal with 53+ points 2 games in a row and 2 losses to show for it. Maybe its just me, but those performances arent that impressive when they lead to a victory. I dont remember the last time the Bucks had a 50 point scorer and still lost.

Beal is basically the Wizards whole team. Without him they are the worst team in the NBA and it is not even close. Remove Beal from the Wizards and I truly believe they are a 10-15 win team.

Beal is also quietly one of the best players in the league he is just stuck on a really bad team.

Bucks win a game they should have lost, but first should have won with ease. It is good to have some of these close games and learn how to win without Giannis in the game. It shows that it is not all about Giannis and that the team has multiple guys that can step up. I am really starting to like Kris Middleton and his attitude toward become that other leader of the team.

Over the next 21 games the Bucks play the Raptors 3 times, Celtics and Heat twice, Thunder, Nuggets, 76ers, Lakers, Rockets, and Pacers once - that is 13 games against the top teams. Should be a good test to see how this team is heading into the playoff. They have passed pretty much every test so far this year. What is a reasonable expectation over these 21 games - 16-5?

Anticipating a loss for a 49-8 team is almost impossible, but it is really tough to see a win tonight. A road back to back following a grueling overtime game against a hot and really good Raptor team.

But, you never know. Giannis could bounce back in a big way from Washington and blow up tonight.

It's one thing if teams are playing great physical d on Giannis, but when three guys are hacking his arms and body and he's just not getting the calls, it's pretty frustrating. Especially when a guy drives the other way and Middleton makes marginal contact and gets called for a foul.

From that run to get back into it at the end the 2nd quarter, to building the lead in the 3rd by allowing only 19 points to holding off the Raptors trying to get back into it in the 4th (they still never got closer than 5 points), all on the second night of an overtime back to back...

This team is pretty pretty good at basketball.

This wasn't all that dissimilar a performance that Giannis had in the playoff against them. It was a grind it out game for him where he still had an impact but wasn't fantastic offensively. Difference is he got a lot of help from Bledsoe, Mids and Lopez. Great win for the Bucks. They'll need to win this way on the nights Giannis can't go for 40.

This wasn't all that dissimilar a performance that Giannis had in the playoff against them. It was a grind it out game for him where he still had an impact but wasn't fantastic offensively. Difference is he got a lot of help from Bledsoe, Mids and Lopez. Great win for the Bucks. They'll need to win this way on the nights Giannis can't go for 40.

Those 3 were 17-41 so they weren't great from the field either - Middleton was solid at 50%. The difference was more so the free throw shooting. They were 30-36 with Giannis going 7-8. That difference alone has them in the NBA finals last year. Bucks shot 38% from the field 33% while playing the second night of a road back to back and still won by double digits. This team is scary

Archived