Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
This is normally a very good team without Giannis, but they are absolutely putrid tonight. Bledsoe in particular is playing like it's a playoff game, and in his case that is not a compliment. The loss is almost a given already, and the 100 point streak is in serious danger.

Hopefully they can at least get to 40-45 by half to keep that in play.

Middleton is single-handedly getting them back in the game.

Waited too long to start trying to hit 3’s. Had to get desperate earlier.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pacers are a good team, but shouldn't be much of a threat in a playoff series. They're not going to get to miss Giannis in the playoffs.

I'd say Bucks in 5.

I agree, but I don't think it even matters. I think the Pacers would need to get to the 2 seed before I'd see them with a chance to advance past the first round. I don't see them beating any of the other top 6 in a series even if Oladipo rounds into form.

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else a little less confident about Giannis staying in Milwaukee after recent comments? He was asked before the AS game about staying in Milwaukee and said he didn't want to look that far again.

Then he was asked a few days later about playing with his brothers and said he would be excited to do that whether it be in Milwaukee or L.A. or wherever.

I don't expect Giannis to openly commit to anything yet but he doesn't sound like someone to me who is too set on signing the supermax that will be offered to him in July.

Maybe it's just me, but is anyone else a little less confident about Giannis staying in Milwaukee after recent comments? He was asked before the AS game about staying in Milwaukee and said he didn't want to look that far again.

Then he was asked a few days later about playing with his brothers and said he would be excited to do that whether it be in Milwaukee or L.A. or wherever.

I don't expect Giannis to openly commit to anything yet but he doesn't sound like someone to me who is too set on signing the supermax that will be offered to him in July.

Not worried about Giannis in the least. Bucks can offer the most money & he seems to like it here.

He's more than earned the right to control his own destiny, so I'll be fine with whatever decision he ultimately makes.

He's absolutely earned that right, but that won't make it any easier if he ultimately decides to leave.

I do see a lot of seed planting lately from his camp for a possible departure. I do think one of his options in his mind is staying for sure, but I also think he's considering other options too. Ultimately I think I'd now put him at no more than 50/50 and would be surprised if he immediately signed the supermax in July.

The money difference just isn't as big of a factor as people want to believe. Not in the NBA. Giannis can go to L.A, build his own brand and make up that difference quickly. It helps our side, but it's just one factor of many where in MLB it might be the main factor. He's going to get another even bigger deal at age 30 or so either way.

Not worried about Giannis in the least. Bucks can offer the most money & he seems to like it here.

He's more than earned the right to control his own destiny, so I'll be fine with whatever decision he ultimately makes.

He's absolutely earned that right, but that won't make it any easier if he ultimately decides to leave.

I do see a lot of seed planting lately from his camp for a possible departure. I do think one of his options in his mind is staying for sure, but I also think he's considering other options too. Ultimately I think I'd now put him at no more than 50/50 and would be surprised if he immediately signed the supermax in July.

The money difference just isn't as big of a factor as people want to believe. Not in the NBA. Giannis can go to L.A, build his own brand and make up that difference quickly. It helps our side, but it's just one factor of many where in MLB it might be the main factor. He's going to get another even bigger deal at age 30 or so either way.

I think he locks in the money this year and if it goes south a couple years down the line can just demand a trade. It's going to be very tough to get to a team next offseason that has a better shot at a title than MKE. GSW is probably the only realistic route.

But, this team will have to get turned over around him in the next few years. So, if you ride out this team for 2-3 more years and don't get your title and then they struggle to put the next team around. Yea, then make your power play at age 28ish.

I think he locks in the money this year and if it goes south a couple years down the line can just demand a trade. It's going to be very tough to get to a team next offseason that has a better shot at a title than MKE. GSW is probably the only realistic route.

But, this team will have to get turned over around him in the next few years. So, if you ride out this team for 2-3 more years and don't get your title and then they struggle to put the next team around. Yea, then make your power play at age 28ish.

He also said this, "I can't think that far ahead, Antetokounmpo said. "You know, I'm just trying to focus in the moment and get better. But why not? I'm a guy that wants to be with a team for a while, but, as long as we're winning. And we're winning so far, so I don't think anything is going to change."

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

He also said this, "I can't think that far ahead, Antetokounmpo said. "You know, I'm just trying to focus in the moment and get better. But why not? I'm a guy that wants to be with a team for a while, but, as long as we're winning. And we're winning so far, so I don't think anything is going to change."

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived