Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
After his monster game, Khris Middleton is now a 40/50/90 guy.

Earning that $30 million. This is what you expect from a team leader. When he is a true number two leader of the team, it sure makes you confident in the success of the team. When Giannis sits and watches the rest of his teammates succeed at such a high level, he has to say to himself, "Man, this is great. Why would I want to go somewhere else and hope it works out."

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was speaking more to entertainment value. It was a sleeper after halftime. They were dead into the 3rd and never made it interesting.

Yeah, they got it within 7 a few times, but then the Nuggets would immediately nail a 3. Happened several times. Frustrating game to watch. Not a lot a team can do, even one as good as the Bucks, when the opponent is that hot.

Should be an interesting 24 hours or so. I don't think the Bucks make any major moves (though I could see a Brown/Wilson/Pacers pick trade). More importantly though...what do any other contenders do? Capela and Covington are off the market, both avoiding the Eastern Conference (and the LA teams). That's a good thing for the Bucks I think.

Ya I agree. Covington and Capela landing where they did is pretty good for the Bucks. Neither is a monster, but both would have been useful for other contenders. I'm not overly concerned with the Rockets since I only see them as clearly behind the two LA teams and not much different from Utah or Denver.

My biggest fear is other teams adding rather than what the Bucks actually add.

Robinson and Burks to sixers - basically for free too. Neither are elite but both are good shooters, which they desperately needed. So Miami and Philly get better (though I’m not sure either trade is THAT big of improvements...we will see). Will the Bucks respond? Will there be more trades for other East contenders?

I don't think we should make a big move.....but a smaller move might be wise. Would Detroit trade us Derrick Rose for DJ Wilson plus ??? I would love to have Rose's grit on the bench or does he suck the oxygen out of the bench? I really don't want to trade the Pacers pick. It could yield a Donte type player.

Any other thoughts?

I don't think it makes sense for the Bucks to do anything unless it's something like a defensive player off the bench. Everyone knows this is the Bucks to lose. Philly hanging onto Horford solely because of Giannis.

Who would that defensive player be? Seems like we have really good defense at every position. Wes Mathews really shored up the shooting guard and Robin Lopez does well at the backup center.

The hole that could still be filled is another shooter, preferable in the SG/SF type areas. But, there just doesn't seem to be anything feasible out there at what the Bucks could pay DJ/Brown/picks. A guy like Burks who went to Phil could've made sense. Not a lot out there that make sense imo. But we'll see, I'd still guess some small move happens on the end of the bench. If anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they just trade DJ to get his contract off the books for next year.

As expected Bucks do not make a move today. No reason to upset the chemistry on this team at all.

As i said before, if a vet with playoff experience gets bought out, i'd be find with bringing him here, but could cut bait on Bender, and really not upset much chemistry.

As expected Bucks do not make a move today. No reason to upset the chemistry on this team at all.

As i said before, if a vet with playoff experience gets bought out, i'd be find with bringing him here, but could cut bait on Bender, and really not upset much chemistry.

I've gotten the feeling they really like Bender as a developmental guy. The team has said a lot of very complementary things about what he's done with the Herd and in his limited opportunities with the Bucks. It's easy to forget that the kid is only 22 too.

I agree with your point and its not lost on me that the bucks won't have a draft pick this season. I just don't see how he gets playing time this year or next. If they want to keep him around to bounce back from milwaukee to oshkosh thats fine. There just isnt' another player on the 15 to cut. Maybe they don't need a pau gasol on the bench this year because they all experienced a deep playoff run last season.

Well, next year he could get some mins if RoLopez doesn't come back. Even if he does come back, if and when any of Ersan or the Lopez's get hurt he's the next one up. Frankly Robin hasn't been playing all that well and really doesn't fit on O. If Bender can keep on improving he could easily take those minutes next year and Robin just becomes the end of bench insurance. Ersan likely gone after next year as well. I don't recall the contract we have with Bender though.

Also, Bucks should get Indy's pick this year.

Gotcha, well I think the best case scenario for Bender would be to still be here next year. Improve enough to be a rotation player, such as taking Robin's minutes. Which gives them enough confidence to keep him around after 2021 on a still cheap deal to take on a much larger role as Ersan is likely done and Brook is aging and getting closer to the end of his deal. Will that happen, obviously a long shot. Just saying that scenario is out there and this team is going to be cap strapped so they need to nail some cheap guys like this

I'm surprised they didn't make a move, but none of the guys who got moved really excited me that much. Marcus Morris, Jae Crowder, and Iguodala were mildly interesting, but I'm not too broken up about missing out on those guys.

I don't think any team did enough to separate themselves. I still think the Bucks are the best team in the East and are good enough to win a title.

Archived