Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer

Sure he'd make more in basketball contract money with Milwaukee, but overall he'd still make more money in a place like NYC from a bigger shoe contract, commercials, jersey sales, etc. Well, probably.

Ultimately we'll never really know his biggest motivations in basketball until he signs his next contract. Whatever comments Giannis makes between now and then are pretty much meaningless since he's never going to intend to hint at anything. But I do fear the media is going to be absolutely filled with articles about it for the rest of the season.

But ultimately if he does sign, Giannis has the chance to be the greatest basketball hero in franchise history. Kareem did win a Championship, but he also didn't stay all that long. I see no reason Giannis couldn't top that.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I would only be concerned if I thought the Bucks weren't doing what it took to keep him. I dont see that as the case. If he leaves anyway there's not much in the way of regrets.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Yeah they look really disjointed d on both ends.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm concerned about everything to do with Wisconsin sports, but I think he will sign. This a frustrating game. Harden basically shut down with 4 fouls at the half but they still had a big lead. Starting to chip away now though.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Regardless of outcome, the Bucks are fun to watch.

Trash games by Middleton and Bledsoe, Giannis out last 5 minutes and they beat a darn good team on the road. I'm pumped. Great to see them run the offense through Lopez in the post. That's a great set for them with Giannis out. Sova doing Sova things is always fun.

Barkley is a crap commentator. At halftime all he could say was same bad bucks offense that will get then through the regular season but against good teams wont work. Then after the game it's when they play a good team the offense wont work. I guess Houston isnt a good team?
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I'm not calling anyone a liar....but if you're a Bucks fan and you're not worried about anything Giannis says that isn't, "I'm definitely staying in Milwaukee," you're lying :tongue

Just came out that he was misquoted, which is pretty much what I expected. Much ado about absolutely nothing.

It's not even about this comment. It's obviously not an understatement to say that the future of this franchise lies in one players decision...one players future. Even him just saying I'm not talking about it and him putting conditions on it is concerning to me. I don't blame him, but I'm more cognizant of how lucky we are to be able to watch him right now and root for him for at least 80+ games this year and just hope the Bucks can perform well enough that he wants to stay.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

So you don't care about comments but you care about....non existent comments? Otherwise it's weird you've gone from 90 to 50/50.

No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments. That's not why I went from 95 to 50/50 though, that's more about months going by and taking the emotion out of it. Realizing a superstar staying in Milwaukee has never been something to rely on.

No, he couldn't have signed it yet. The earliest he could sign it is this next off-season. Hence Horst saying they PLAN on offering him the SuperMax and Giannis talking about what he'd do in the future.

I don't fully understand the logic behind not allowing a player to sign whenever he wants, but he hasn't not signed it yet, he simply hasn't been able to. That said, if he eventually doesn't, the Bucks only extending him for four years instead of five will have been a mistake.

Exactly. And I'll say this. If he wants to leave for any of those reasons, fine. But if I hear about not being able t win here, etc., that's a different story. Bucks have done everything Giannis wanted then to do. He wanted everyone back, wanted his brother on the team, etc. If they don't win, it will largely be because of himself anyhow, just like last year.

I'm really not consumed by this anyhow, i'm just going to enjoy the season and try to avoid all the off court noise.

I'd argue that not signing Brogdon to an extension could fall into the "not doing everything they can," category. The Bucks have put together a great team, but I do think Brogdon is the second most important player on this team. A long, physical PG who's a 90/50/40 shooter? Yeah, they recovered as well as we could have expected, but they could have gone into the tax and brought him back as well...and in a potential series with the Clippers, another ball handler vs that incredible perimeter defense they should have and another great shooter may end up being big.

But again, I'm with you, lets just enjoy the season and the Milwaukee Bucks being one of the four main favorites to win a NBA title.

Absolute horsecrap call on Ersan. That was 100% a charge on Westbrook and it stole back all momentum in the game. That was the textbook definition of taking a charge.

I watched this game on DVR and some of the calls were just comical. I'm not even talking about this one(which was bad) but there were calls both ways where there was just absolutely no contact and fouls were called. There was the one on Giannis, it might have been the 6th and he does not touch anyone and he gets hit. The one on Capella...he doesn't touch him. The missed travel by Middleton. The NBA refs usually aren't this bad. That was awful across the board.

Barkley is a crap commentator. At halftime all he could say was same bad bucks offense that will get then through the regular season but against good teams wont work. Then after the game it's when they play a good team the offense wont work. I guess Houston isnt a good team?

Meh, that's his job. To make grant statements at the start of the season about how things will play out in 6 months. And as of right now, without seeing an improved Giannis with a better shot(even just a better mid range shot, something he can hit from just outside the restricted area) I would say it's unlikely that THIS Bucks team beats the Clippers team with their defense which could be all time level good. Especially with that coaching staff and elite on ball defenders on the wings and at the point.

But...pretty sure nobody had Toronto winning going away vs Golden State last year. George is already injured. So Barkley is just like everyone else. They state things with far too much confidence far too early.

I haven't been following the NBA much in the off-season so I have what's probably an easy question. Now there is replay (coaches challenge) on fouls, but they only get 1 a game? What is the thought process there? Both coaches used their challenges in the first 5 minutes-it seems like that will happen every game.

No. He did not sign it yet when he could have- that's beyond comments.

It's also false.

The supermax can't be offered until after this season.

The Bucks will be able to offer 5 years, $247 million

The most he can get elsewhere is 4 years, $141 million

He's not going anywhere.

I was with you until the last line.

No one but Giannis knows if he's going anywhere, and frankly, Giannis probably doesn't know for certain right now. There are so many other factors at play than just who can offer the most, or players staying put in one place would be much, much more common than it is.

We'll do everything possible to keep him, and if I was betting I'd err on the side that says he'll stay, but there's absolutely no way to know with that kind of certainty.

I would say I have a low level of anxiety about Giannis leaving. Whatever happens, happens. The quotes or misquotes don't bother me.

I want him to stay, right now I think the odds are stronger that he will stay but things can change. What I do know is I will continue to be a fan of his until the end of time no matter what uniform he's wearing or unless he does something that would cause me to lose respect for him. Changing teams isn't going to be enough for that to happen, he'd have to do something colossally terrible and completely out of character and I just don't see that happening.

I really haven't moved from how I felt before and at the end of last season, he'll be back as long as ownership and the front office continue to show him that they're not going to try to nickel and dime their way to being just competitive enough. In essence, not run the team like Herb Kohl did.

Giannis plays the game with all out effort, he rightly should demand that mentality from the owners and front office.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived