Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is unfortunately just the way a lot of Wisconsin sports fans are. They are conditioned to find fault and overemphasize the negative. It is a defense mechanism in a way that somewhat insulates them against disappointment if the team doesn't win a championship.

I think that is pretty much human nature. No one likes to fail, so they build in reasons to why they fail. That is why people who can learn from failure are so successful.

Boston and Philly are the two teams that kind of scare me in the East. I hope they either end up as the 2 and 3 or one is 2/3 and the other the 6 so we don't have to see either until the conference finals. None of Miami, Toronto or Indiana really concern me all that much.

Not that I don't think we couldn't beat either of Boston or Philly but I think either could make it into a competitive series and make us sweat it out.

Yup, I would hate the seeding to work out that we have to play both. I'll take my virtual free pass to the ECF and then only play the one team left between them. With Philly playing poorly it's really opening up the possibility of having to play them in round 2.

Philly doesn't concern me because Embiid will be on fumes by the end of the year and I don't think they're deep enough. Honestly no one overly concerns me in the East. I don't think any of them can beat the Bucks.

Being deep enough doesn't matter in the playoffs. I think you're being overly confident by saying none of them can beat the Bucks- they absolutely can. The Bucks are clearly the best team, and Giannis the best player. But they can be beat in a playoff series, make no mistake about that.

Too many times the Bucks just stop running their offense, players stop moving, ball stops moving. Periods where they turn it over, get beat on the boards, miss layups, etc. Yea, every team has those but it's what I call "freaking out." If they don't freak out and just play their game, they will win it all- no doubt in my mind. I just can't predict if that will happen with certainty.

Side note, I think Bud will have a quick hook with Bledsoe and Matthews. We''re starting to see that already. If Donte shoots the 3 tin the playoffs he way he has the last couple weeks that will be huge. I think he is the x factor.

They "can" be beat because it is a pro sport. They are 37-6. It's awfully hard to see anyone in the East taking them out 4 times but everyone said that last year. There's no Kawhi this year. The Giannis wall will be attempted again but this is where I strongly disagree with you. Being deep enough absolutely does matter, and the Bucks lack of depth shooting the ball kept them out of the Finals. They have too many shooters for that to work this year. Giannis barely playing 30 minutes a game, and I don't think you can say that doesn't matter. They're winning when he's off the floor.

https://i.imgur.com/rbIkUHs.png

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

The defense is better than last year. Middleton is better than last year. DiVincenzo was basically not on the team last year.

In short, they are better than last year.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Too many times the Bucks just stop running their offense, players stop moving, ball stops moving. Periods where they turn it over, get beat on the boards, miss layups, etc. Yea, every team has those but it's what I call "freaking out." If they don't freak out and just play their game, they will win it all- no doubt in my mind. I just can't predict if that will happen with certainty.

I think this is partly a byproduct of how often they get up big, like 20+ points. I wanna say last night it was a few minutes into the second quarter, they were already up 20+ & I was laughing about how it was already garbage time.

It would be a real shame if this season ends with anything except Lebron vs. Giannis. And I say that as both a Bucks fan and a fan of the sport.

And the Bucks match up really well with the Lakers...unless they trade for some three point gunner or something.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I'm saying it doesn't matter for Philly/Boston. Not having a deep bench costs them wins over the regular season, but won't be a factor in the playoffs when they can go to 7 or 8 man rotation. More importantly, they can play their top 6 more minutes.

Bucks depth, as you said, plays a big role in racking up all these regular season wins. In the playoffs, Giannis, Middleton, etc. will get more minutes and the bench will be reduced. But the main thing is they have Hill/Donte that can take over for Bledsoe/Matthews and Korver when needed.

In other words, yes, the depth will help the Bucks but Boston/Philly will actually be better off in the playoffs not giving minutes to marginal/crappy players.

That seems kind of circular to me. The Bucks might have very well beaten Toronto with one more shooter. George Hill kept them from getting blown out in at least one of those losses. If they'd had Korver knocking down 3s when Giannis was busy driving into the wall they might have won the series.

If it "helps" the Bucks it hurts Boston or Philly.

I think Matthews is overlooked here. Yes, he's been bad on offense but he is playing D on the other team's #1 most of the time he's on the court. Might be a coincidence but that could be why Middleton is better on offense this year - he doesn't have to run all over the place chasing the Kawahi Leonards of the league on the other end.

Just flipped on tonight's game. The Nets' grey court with the teams' slightly muted uni colors give the game an interesting look. I thought I was watching a video game in some sort of throwback mode at first, lol.

Yeah, the Nets court definitely pops on TV in a unique way.

Kyrie was right though, they need a couple two tree more pieces.

Just flipped on tonight's game. The Nets' grey court with the teams' slightly muted uni colors give the game an interesting look. I thought I was watching a video game in some sort of throwback mode at first, lol.

Yeah, the Nets court definitely pops on TV in a unique way.

Kyrie was right though, they need a couple two tree more pieces.

Kyrie has been in the league a while and still hasn't learned a dang thing about being a leader. He sure likes to use the term about himself a lot though.

This game illustrates how awful 1/8 matches have become in the NBA playoffs. They're nothing but a glorified tuneup round, a chance to sell 4-5 games more worth of tickets. You could probably just go with 4 playoff teams in each conference and skip these kind of "playoff" matchups, but that's never happening.

I just watched the tape of last nights first half and all I can say is this team is starting to jell. Very nice cuts to the basket, very nice passing, very unselfish offense, really good defense....by everybody! Add in Dragan Bender playing for Robin Lopez and not skipping a beat, actually looking a little better. And we have The Freak....who is playing man basketball, with the refs calling charging fouls that should be blocking calls to keep it looking fair (Trying not to be a homer, but really the only charge was the one overruled). All this with the Nets playing pretty good, making tough shots and looking at the scoreboard at halftime being down by 15.

You could probably just go with 4 playoff teams in each conference and skip these kind of "playoff" matchups, but that's never happening.

You just want to fire John Hammond don't you. He lives for the 8th seed.

Archived