Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2019 - 20 Season Thread

homer
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Wes Matthews basically taken over Tony Snell's minutes. Matthews does a lot more than just stand around statically on the perimeter waiting for wide open threes. I know we signed Matthews to replace Brogdon but he's basically playing Tony Snell's minutes and the Improvement there has been massive. The way Sterling Brown and Divincenzo have stepped up have really made the absence of Brogden minimal if not unnoticeable, and George Hill has been fantastic as he's gotten into his second season of integrating with the team.

Like Adam said, they won't win every single game. The Mavs game was a blip on the radar. There are just going to be nights when your Shooters shots don't fall. This team is super stacked, deep, and very talented. The bench outscored the Lakers bench 34 to 4.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, you have to win the East or it's a disappointment/failure. If you lose to the LA teams it will also of course be disappointing(but not some huge failure or underachievement), but will not be some grand indictment on the roster or that they're not built for the playoffs, etc. The other teams are also really good and they'll be close series and neither team more than a slight favorite, ie, it can go either way. And the LA teams each have two top 10ish players combined on their teams, they're going to be tough to beat. One of which is probably the best player ever and still putting up a near triple double stat line at 35. And, even as someone who is an adamant 'don't wine about the refs' type of guy, after seeing last night it's tough not to think you're going to be up against the whistle in either series vs LA. I think the old conspiracy ways of reffing are gone, if they were still around I could totally see MKE getting the breaks vs LAL to have the Giannis taking the throne narrative but I don't think that exists anymore.

Wes, great addition and great D on LBJ. That's gonna be huge vs either LA team. DDV is your definition of bball IQ. Brown could be a key contributor with his size/strength to defend the LA teams but has to clean up the mental stuff a bit to be trusted in games like that. Giannis, again, just amazing to watch. Overall, it's very tough to watch this team and think they will lose 4/7.

A couple of thoughts on the Laker game.

1.Is Wes Mathews that good on defense or is LBJ losing it a little? I think a little bit of both.

2. I love the Bucks team defense. Man do they protect the paint.

3. Great players step up. The freak is getting freaky.

A couple of thoughts on the Laker game.

1.Is Wes Mathews that good on defense or is LBJ losing it a little? I think a little bit of both.

2. I love the Bucks team defense. Man do they protect the paint.

3. Great players step up. The freak is getting freaky.

If they don't win the East I think the Giannis meter goes from concerned to panic. If they can't do it this year he has to have doubts they ever will. It's a full on choke job unless he gets hurt. I'd give them a break on losing the Finals. Playing that Lakers team then won't be the same as in December.

They SHOULD win the Finals, I think, but that's never a given.

If they don't win the East I think the Giannis meter goes from concerned to panic. If they can't do it this year he has to have doubts they ever will. It's a full on choke job unless he gets hurt. I'd give them a break on losing the Finals. Playing that Lakers team then won't be the same as in December.

Yeah, the East is really there for the taking this year. Last year it was tight at the top, you had the Bucks, Raptors, 6ers, and Celtics all on that top tier that you could make a pretty legitimate argument for coming out of the East.

This year is different. The Bucks are that top tier and there is no one else. I think Miami is pretty legit so you've got a really strong second tier with the Heat and 6ers. I still have my doubts that the Celtics, Raptors and Pacers can sustain what they've done so far.

So it's still a really good top 6 regardless, but none of the 2-6 SHOULD be able to hang with the Bucks in a 7 game series unless things go horribly wrong. Obviously things could go horribly wrong and then absolutely without even a conference championship under our belt you start to be concerned about keeping Giannis. Whatever needs to be shored up at the deadline with what they can do, they need to do.

The problem with that is it's hard to know what they really need to upgrade. I don't know that they really need to do anything at all. They've got really good chemistry and a really good supporting cast. They have really good defenders in Matthews and DDV and guys like Korver and George Hill are just fantastic fits off the bench. It's a really deep roster.

Probably the biggest criticism of the Bucks' playoff chances is that they just don't have a 1B superstar to Giannis' 1A. But maybe they don't need one.

Yeah, the East is really there for the taking this year. Last year it was tight at the top, you had the Bucks, Raptors, 6ers, and Celtics all on that top tier that you could make a pretty legitimate argument for coming out of the East.

This year is different. The Bucks are that top tier and there is no one else. I think Miami is pretty legit so you've got a really strong second tier with the Heat and 6ers. I still have my doubts that the Celtics, Raptors and Pacers can sustain what they've done so far.

So it's still a really good top 6 regardless, but none of the 2-6 SHOULD be able to hang with the Bucks in a 7 game series unless things go horribly wrong. Obviously things could go horribly wrong and then absolutely without even a conference championship under our belt you start to be concerned about keeping Giannis. Whatever needs to be shored up at the deadline with what they can do, they need to do.

The problem with that is it's hard to know what they really need to upgrade. I don't know that they really need to do anything at all. They've got really good chemistry and a really good supporting cast. They have really good defenders in Matthews and DDV and guys like Korver and George Hill are just fantastic fits off the bench. It's a really deep roster.

Probably the biggest criticism of the Bucks' playoff chances is that they just don't have a 1B superstar to Giannis' 1A. But maybe they don't need one.

Not winning the East would definitely be a major disappointment. It's hard to even say not winning the NBA Finals wouldn't be disappointing.

Last season I was very confident the Bucks would win the championship, Durant was out injuried and GSW was very beatable. The lost to the Raptors was heartbreaking for me.

This season it's championship or bust for me, anything else would be a big disappointment. I think if we don't win the championship this season, Giannis may not extend his contract this offseason and instead opt to be a free agent in 2021.

Archived