Brewer Fanatic

Game 7: Raiders @ Packers - Sunday, October 20th Noon

homer
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just do not understand what has happened to this defense. This was all set to be the strength of the team. What changed from early in the season? Carr is embarrassing them. The only time they've stopped him is when he's stopped himself.

Why do teams still elect to receive after winning the coin toss? It gives them a 50% chance at forfeiting a possession. I realize there’s an intangible benefit to scoring first and forcing your opponent to play from behind, but even my middle school coach had us defer and he was no tactician.

I just do not understand what has happened to this defense. This was all set to be the strength of the team. What changed from early in the season? Carr is embarrassing them. The only time they've stopped him is when he's stopped himself.

Carr is an accurate passer, actually on a torrid pace to start the year. Getting rid of the ball really quickly.

Last 2 games they put 31 on a respectable Colts D and 24 on the Bears vaunted defense. This is a good NFL offense, they are going to score. Our defense missing a few guys, playing a lot more zone than normal. I’m not to panic mode yet, 17 through 3 isn’t a terrible pace.

Maybe Rodgers told them to take a couple weeks off so he could go on a tear himself

Looks like the Packer teams of 5-10 years ago. Rodgers is playing phenomenally today. The offensive line is at least not a weakness, their #1 WR is on his way back and they have a solid to great 1-2 rushing attack. Really no reason to think this offense isn't on it's way to elite status again.

The Packers are beating Oakland with their own game by chewing all this clock. Realistically, at this pace, how many possessions does Oakland have left? 3?

That's just it. This defense has done nothing positive today, not a thing. But they haven't needed to because Rodgers has controlled the entire game.

Vintage Rodgers today! Love seeing them finally throwing down field consistently! Hopefully that continues! The last couple seasons with McCarthy and the first few weeks with LaFleur were a ton of backwards passes and 4 yard outs all the time. I really hope this continues and they keep throwing downfield like they did so well the first 8 or 9 years with Rodgers at the helm. This could be a special team with the added playmakers they have on defense if the offense continues to be explosive.

Archived