Brewer Fanatic

Game 7: Raiders @ Packers - Sunday, October 20th Noon

homer
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The defense is better, but they still are getting torched by any +QB.

Unrelated, but I don't understand how the league doesn't see a problem with the pace of game. Not only that, but they continue to actively make it worse. There is almost no suspense any more in any borderline scoring play. We have to take 60 looks at it and get it "right" even it means destroying the game itself.

Bingo, borderline unwatchable right now

The defense is better, but they still are getting torched by any +QB.

Unrelated, but I don't understand how the league doesn't see a problem with the pace of game. Not only that, but they continue to actively make it worse. There is almost no suspense any more in any borderline scoring play. We have to take 60 looks at it and get it "right" even it means destroying the game itself.

Bingo, borderline unwatchable right now

Why wouldn’t the league prefer a 4-hour game? More commercials. They’re going to have to lose viewers before things change. The controversy is currently driving fan engagement with all the clicks it’s generated. Clicks = more ads!

Looking at games played and started and saying someone isn't injury prone is something people do a lot and it's not a very good gauge. Randall Cobb played in a lot of games where he sat out a series here and there or a quarter, or didn't finish because he'd start on a gimpy hammy. Jimmy Graham also has a reputation for getting injured a lot and just playing through it, but you wouldn't know it looking at his GP/GS.

King hurt his shoulder in a car accident, not a football game, but has had it dislodged several times and had surgery to repair a torn labrum in college. That was a big knock on him coming out of college and one of the reasons scouts thought he was a bad tackler.

Point is, there was definitely an injury flag with King. But TJ Watt had a bunch of knee injuries too. If King starts for five seasons I'd say that's a decent 2nd round pick. But the injury thing was definitely known and a reason teams stayed away from him.

Man, I feel like we’ve caught every break in the book so far in the first half of this season.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Rodgers is playing marvelously and the offense without it's best weapon is really starting to fire on all cylinders. I'm just concerned about the defense right now because they don't resemble the defense from Weeks 1-3 in any way.

Looking at games played and started and saying someone isn't injury prone is something people do a lot and it's not a very good gauge. Randall Cobb played in a lot of games where he sat out a series here and there or a quarter, or didn't finish because he'd start on a gimpy hammy. Jimmy Graham also has a reputation for getting injured a lot and just playing through it, but you wouldn't know it looking at his GP/GS.

King hurt his shoulder in a car accident, not a football game, but has had it dislodged several times and had surgery to repair a torn labrum in college. That was a big knock on him coming out of college and one of the reasons scouts thought he was a bad tackler.

Point is, there was definitely an injury flag with King. But TJ Watt had a bunch of knee injuries too. If King starts for five seasons I'd say that's a decent 2nd round pick. But the injury thing was definitely known and a reason teams stayed away from him.

I think all this can be true without the pick being a blunder. You could have then, and now, make the argument that King’s measurables and potential was—and is—worth the risk. And in the moment, I was really hoping they’d draft Watt. But I get the logic of the King pick, and want to give it more time to breath before I render judgment. Because of all the time King missed, he’s still a really inexperienced player, and I think it’s not unreasonable to expect more growth from him.

Looking at games played and started and saying someone isn't injury prone is something people do a lot and it's not a very good gauge. Randall Cobb played in a lot of games where he sat out a series here and there or a quarter, or didn't finish because he'd start on a gimpy hammy.

Were there games did King not finish of the games he started? Of the 3 games he missed, one was due to the flu.

I think it’s a stretch to equate a non- football injury that teams flagged medically with ‘injury prone’ when he didn’t really miss many games in college. But to say he had injury concerns because of the shoulder is fair. Perhaps I’m debating semantics, but the shoulder didn’t effect King’s career at Washington.

Scoring a TD, heck even 3, out of the break would be a marvelous thing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

King dislocated the shoulder in college in a game AFTER he'd had surgery on his labrum. All I was saying was that the NFL knew about his shoulder at the draft. Then he had a bunch of problems with it his rookie year. It's a fair criticism since TT seemed to have a habit of doing it. But I don't even think you can call King a truly bad pick, he is a serviceable starter three years in now.

Archived