Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park restaurant to switch from Friday's in December/January

hawing
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One note on the concourse, what employees are lousy? Genuinely asking. I've never had major issues, but a lot of those stands are manned by volunteer groups who get a cut for their charity, and have never worked a register before.

The Delaware Sportservice employees. The same ones that work the On Deck event and run the Wisconsin State Fair Expo Center events. I understand who the volunteers are that work at Miller Park, and actually for the most part the volunteers do a better job than the Delaware employees.

Just a Bit Outside was probably perfect, tbh. It has everything, local, timeless, a little corny, and a reference to Uke longer after he's gone.

"Just a Bit Outside." Shut it down. This is the perfect name. The restaurant is literally partially outside too (if the roof is open I suppose). Easy acronym ("JBO's" or "JaBO's"). Missed opportunity.

Restaurant to be named later sounds like a funny quip that would be used in an article announcing the change if the name wasn't yet decided, but to actually call it that? Not smart.

Gruber Lawffices

Just a Bit Outside was probably perfect, tbh. It has everything, local, timeless, a little corny, and a reference to Uke longer after he's gone.

"Just a Bit Outside." Shut it down. This is the perfect name. The restaurant is literally partially outside too (if the roof is open I suppose). Easy acronym ("JBO's" or "JaBO's"). Missed opportunity.

Restaurant to be named later sounds like a funny quip that would be used in an article announcing the change if the name wasn't yet decided, but to actually call it that? Not smart.

I was thinking just outside the walls of the playing field....but yah, what an entirely logical name on many levels.

I get going there on non-gamedays or pre or post game, but I never understood the people that hung out there during the game rather than just ordering a hotdog and beer at their seats. Really never understood those that would hang out in the beer garden during the game with those 2 small TV's at the bar.

When I would sit at the bleachers we would stop down at the beer garden to get a long island, but once you couldn't bring them inside, never had much of a use for that place.

Hopefully now that it is ran by Delaware North the rules will be relaxed.

I don't do that either, but you underestimate the number of people who don't care about the game and would struggle to list 3 players. With the roof and always-pleasant climate at the stadium, it basically became a summer-long festival. It's as much a community gathering place as it is a game. You can get in the door for $5 most of the time and then you're just basically at a bar. Look at how crowded the smoking area is. People literally get a ticket to the game and sit on the patio the whole night.

Friday's was also very popular whenever it was brutally hot.

I don't live in Milwaukee and I have driven through Milwaukee a few times on the way to other places and I always stop at Friday's just to soak up the vibe of the place and think about baseball. I have done the same thing in the Phoenix Friday's which is more or less the same set up.

From this link:

The Restaurant To Be Named Later will be operated by Delaware North Sportservice. The menu will celebrate a myriad of Wisconsin favorites, with twists on classic food and beverage offerings. The space will also be refreshed with updated décor.

Looking at their website, Delaware North operates the 1919 Kitchen & Tap in Green Bay. I'd imagine it'll be similar to that.

Nice find. 1919 is a great spot and always at capacity before and after packers games. I will also tip my hat to Friday's. I loved it. It is an amazing place to catch a game and socialize.

I also agree with this name. Just a Bit Outside Kitchen and Tap. It's the right kind of perfect for Milwaukee. 1970 Kitchen & Tap just doesn't have the right ring to it.

I'm not a fan of using a catchphrase from a movie that wasn't centered around the Brewers. So unless they are using a Mr. 3000 quote, no thanks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I generally don’t care what the restaurant is called, but if they are actually permanently naming it Restaurant to be Named Later?

Oof.

For a team that continues to be uber-cutsey with its social media and fan reach-out, I guess it isn't surprising that something stupid like this would happen.

Bud's Suds and Grille.

It seems to me a bunch of marketing people were trying to be cute, when they didn't have to be. I could probably come up with others with just a little thought.

Even if Uke didn't want it named after him, they could have honored Schroeder's long tenure and named it something like Rock's or Buckethead's.

The list is growing - good work bf.net - found some others on the interwebs:

A Restaurant To Be Named Later

Just a Bit Outside

Bud's Suds and Grille

Rock's

Uke's Pub

Mr. Baseball's

Eddie's Windmill

Six Four Three

7th Inning Stretch

I'm not a fan of using a catchphrase from a movie that wasn't centered around the Brewers. So unless they are using a Mr. 3000 quote, no thanks.

"Just a Bit Outside" is not just from the movie Major League. Uecker has been using this as a catch phrase as a Brewers broadcasting for years before that movie came out.

Archived