Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park restaurant to switch from Friday's in December/January

hawing

Caitlin Moyer just announced via blog post : https://brewers.mlblogs.com/brewers-announce-new-restaurant-for-2020-season-b516caa63b69

The Brewers announced the same with a video featuring Bob Uecker:

So - if you love the TGI Friday's experience at Miller Park, you have until early December to enjoy it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank God. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. That is such a massive missed opportunity. I'm sure it was harder to find a tenant when they built the place, but I really hope they get this right. An original restaurant or just something local like a Maxie's or something would be awesome. It doesn't sound from reading that that's what we're going to get, but anything would be better than a Friday's.

I don't frequent any Friday's restaurants often enough to know if there's a difference between TGI Friday's and Friday's Front Row.

On the (handful of) occasions I've been there, the menu looked pretty TGI.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It was a TGI Friday's. I'm sure it was "fine," I never actually ate there and never would, but that whole ilk of Applebees, TGI, Chili etc. restaurants are all generally the same. Obviously I don't know the financials but you can't ask for a better location on gameday with that kind of captive audience. What I don't know is how well that carried through the rest of the year. which I assume would be a major problem for any local place. It's not a great area any other time. That's too bad, because it would be awesome to have a local spot in there. As something of a foodie I would love to have a unique spot inside. While they do offer quite a variety at MP, the quality leaves a lot to be desired. I concede it is a ballpark, but that hasn't stopped many of the other parks I've been to from having really great options.

A lot of summer days I go in way early for SSH stuff and I would eat at a cool place, but I'm just not eating at a TGI.

From this link:

The Restaurant To Be Named Later will be operated by Delaware North Sportservice. The menu will celebrate a myriad of Wisconsin favorites, with twists on classic food and beverage offerings. The space will also be refreshed with updated décor.

Looking at their website, Delaware North operates the 1919 Kitchen & Tap in Green Bay. I'd imagine it'll be similar to that.

From this link:

The Restaurant To Be Named Later will be operated by Delaware North Sportservice. The menu will celebrate a myriad of Wisconsin favorites, with twists on classic food and beverage offerings. The space will also be refreshed with updated décor.

Looking at their website, Delaware North operates the 1919 Kitchen & Tap in Green Bay. I'd imagine it'll be similar to that.

Good find, and that would be a tremendous upgrade.

It was okay there but it ran its course. it still was busy during game day but I can see it struggling non game days since it is a chain and nobody would really go out of the way to visit this location. Looking forward to trying out the new place.

We used to pop in for a long island, before they stopped letting you walk around the stadium with them.

That was the end of Friday’s. Since this place is operated by Delaware north, that rule should no longer be in place.

I hope that's the case. I used to visit Friday's every game to grab a long island until tey changed the rule.

Hah that's kind of amusing. I guess this whole restaurant business just doesn't matter to me one bit. I only get to a game or two per year so when I go I'm in my seat soaking up the experience.

I might be the only one, but I view this as a huge disappointment. Like the concourse food area, it is run by Delaware North Sportservice. There will most likely be similar lousy employees at this restaurant also. Can anyone tell me that AJ Bombers food is better now with the rebranded concession area that is run by Delaware versus when AJ's was doing it themselves. I get that people didn't like TGIF, but this will probably be worse.

We'll see. The Bombers stand is awful. Tastes no different to me than sports service dry burger. The tender and tots is the best value you can get at MP, but it is what it is. It's a hard sell for a local joint. You really risk the brand if the quality isn't as good, which it's just not going to be when you have to do that volume at that speed.

If it is anything like 1919 that's a huge win. Hardly elite cuisine but about as good as I can expect in the circumstances. That would be a lot better than TGI.

I think they'll get this right. They wouldn't hype it up in October if they didn't have big plans. Notice they also said it's being renovated.

One note on the concourse, what employees are lousy? Genuinely asking. I've never had major issues, but a lot of those stands are manned by volunteer groups who get a cut for their charity, and have never worked a register before.

Yah seriously...it is mostly volunteer work (college athletes in some cases) and they get little to no training on the system etc. Just getting money for their cause.

This restaurant is very unlikely (it won’t) to have those types of employees. Likely hired employees to bartender and wait tables.

As for the name...epic fail. It’s funny at first because it is so dumb...if that is actually it yikes.

Had to do a double take on the formatting of the name to get that it's truly called that. Yes, that's dumb. There's a hundred Milwaukee or Brewers references or puns that would work. Hell, make a Seattle Pilots reference.

Just a Bit Outside was probably perfect, tbh. It has everything, local, timeless, a little corny, and a reference to Uke longer after he's gone.

Perfection. Although they could use that name for the horrific smoking errrr dining area just outside of the restaurant.

Archived