Brewer Fanatic

Game 6: Lions @ Packers - Monday, October 14th 7:15PM

homer
12 man isn't a bad call. That's just an inexcusable mistake. Allison roughing call wasn't intentional, but at full speed it looked bad. The Lions have played tough tonight for sure. I just don't think they are very good. I'd bet they will be that typical Detroit team that struggles to play .500 ball.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m excited for the ref show to finish this one out tonight.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I get being a homer but since it’s Monday night.... c’mon man

How is saying WE'VE screwed up being a homer?

The idea that we only lose because of our screw ups is what makes it a bit much.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

12 man isn't a bad call. That's just an inexcusable mistake. Allison roughing call wasn't intentional, but at full speed it looked bad. The Lions have played tough tonight for sure. I just don't think they are very good. I'd bet they will be that typical Detroit team that struggles to play .500 ball.

Yeah, the 12 man penalty isn't an argument FOR Detroit...

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

They aren't. Packers losing this game is entirely on them. They are playing like crap.

That's quite a stretch. The Lions are a good team. They have played every good team on their schedule very tough.

Meh, it’s a little of both. Detroit looks like a good team, but what’s the score without the 3 giveaways? 26-16 Packers?

re: the hands to face flag. Did #90 smack him in the facemask early on? It looked like possibly. Otherwise, the flag is a mystery to me.

I'm pretty sure he did a swipe down that hit the face mask. I don't know if that is enough for a flag though.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I get being a homer but since it’s Monday night.... c’mon man

The idea that we only lose because of our screw ups is what makes it a bit much.

Sure...if that was an idea. We're stating specific facts about a specific game. They're down by 2. They've fumbled on 1st down on Det's 30. They muffed a punt on their own...what, 15? They dropped a pass that went for a pick and a long return. That's at least 3 on the Rodgers fumble, 3 on the pick on Shepard just assuming they don't score the TD and 3 on the muff assuming the Packers don't do anything. So...saying it's an "Idea that we only lose because of our screw up's," is a bit disingenuous.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Sure...if that was an idea. We're stating specific facts about a specific game. They're down by 2. They've fumbled on 1st down on Det's 30. They muffed a punt on their own...what, 15? They dropped a pass that went for a pick and a long return. That's at least 3 on the Rodgers fumble, 3 on the pick on Shepard just assuming they don't score the TD and 3 on the muff assuming the Packers don't do anything. So...saying it's an "Idea that we only lose because of our screw up's," is a bit disingenuous.

Now do the Lions mistakes.

Lazard wasn't even in the end zone.... knee down before the goal. Ball was just inside 1. Aren't all scores reviewed? Major miss.

I have no idea what replay you are looking at. When he controlled the catch for a TD he definitely broke the plane. And it wouldn't matter when his knee is down, it would matter when he was touched.

They aren't. Packers losing this game is entirely on them. They are playing like crap.

That's quite a stretch. The Lions are a good team. They have played every good team on their schedule very tough.

Meh, it’s a little of both. Detroit looks like a good team, but what’s the score without the 3 giveaways? 26-16 Packers?

Lol. If the Packers had three takeaways we wouldn't be treating that like an asterisk.

Lazard wasn't even in the end zone.... knee down before the goal. Ball was just inside 1. Aren't all scores reviewed? Major miss.

Went back and watched it, and it looks to me that the ball is at the goal line when the knee hit, which is a TD or impossible to reverse at the very least.

Archived