Brewer Fanatic

Game 6: Lions @ Packers - Monday, October 14th 7:15PM

homer
Trade for Green and maybe a guy like DeVante Parker. Both free agents at seasons end. They need help badly.

I think the chances are very low they trade for a WR'er who's nor familiar with this system. Neither Parker nor Green fit that bill. Plus they'll get Adams back, Tonyan, MVS appears to be alright.

I don't think they'll be adding anyone at WR'er or TE until next May.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
For as crummy as this game started, I’m OK being down by 3.

Uh, yeah. You could argue they'd have the lead had Jones not fumbled.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Our receivers are complete trash after Adams. Allison literally killed that drive. Thanks a lot man.

It’s a joke they went with this group to start the season. MVS with Rodgers throwing to him looks like he MAYBE should be a #3 receiver.

I have high hopes for MVS, but he isn't ready to be a featured receiver yet. They could really use a guy like ... well ... Randall Cobb right now.

That was my thinking. Especially after he signed for just 1 year and 5 million. But I don't things are quite as dire as people are suggesting. You put Adams out there and the whole WR'er/TE group looks different.

Really the frustrating thing is that Graham can't seem to come down with the ball in the endzone. I understand he can't stretch the field like he used to, but he had great hands.

Also, might not be a bad idea to use Lazard in a TE role. Not an inline TE obviously, but have him line up as the TE in that bunch. A lot of teams were talking to him about playing TE before he ran the 40 at the combine or his pro-day, whichever one it was. 6'5 230.

Weren't they in FG range when he fumbled? Then the next play Sullivan was for some reason supposed to be playing over the top and they picked up 50 right away? Packers defense has been pretty damn impressive. They were about an inch away from stopping them short on that 4th and goal. I'm still not sure if he got in.

They're in good shape. I'm hoping that MVS can come back or that they can hit Shepard on one of those double moves that he has set up so well a couple times this year.

Weren't they in FG range when he fumbled? Then the next play Sullivan was for some reason supposed to be playing over the top and they picked up 50 right away? Packers defense has been pretty damn impressive. They were about an inch away from stopping them short on that 4th and goal. I'm still not sure if he got in.

They're in good shape. I'm hoping that MVS can come back or that they can hit Shepard on one of those double moves that he has set up so well a couple times this year.

Yeah I feel pretty good. Took a punch in the mouth and came back strong. Offense is moving the ball well.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Randall Cobb would be doing what he's doing in Dallas. Getting hurt. He wasn't the answer.

Cobb would clearly have been worth 5 million for 1 year. I don't really think there's any question about this any longer. The chemistry he had with Rodgers? Yeah, he'd have helped out quite a bit. Especially in an offense more suited for his style of play.

Trade for Green and maybe a guy like DeVante Parker. Both free agents at seasons end. They need help badly.

I think the chances are very low they trade for a WR'er who's nor familiar with this system. Neither Parker nor Green fit that bill. Plus they'll get Adams back, Tonyan, MVS appears to be alright.

I don't think they'll be adding anyone at WR'er or TE until next May.

Then they’ll probably struggle offensively all season. They might even with a trade but they just lack talent at those positions. I’d love if Gute snagged Green and Eifert in a package deal.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Kick him out.

If anything it shouldn’t even be a flag.

He was going for the ball. Not like he was trying to plow over Allison.

They should be review-able on those. Just from the booth. That play happens so fast, I get why the ref misses the call, but he was just going down to get it as if he was the WR'er.

What is Walker supposed to do? Not lead with the helmet.

Booger McFarland is an idiot.

I mean hes literally going to catch the ball when allison cuts in front of him and their helmets hit. he had not intention to hit anyone.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Randall Cobb would be doing what he's doing in Dallas. Getting hurt. He wasn't the answer.

Cobb would clearly have been worth 5 million for 1 year. I don't really think there's any question about this any longer. The chemistry he had with Rodgers? Yeah, he'd have helped out quite a bit. Especially in an offense more suited for his style of play.

Agree to disagree. He original contract was dumb, his production dipped every year, he couldn't stay healthy and he was clogging PT for younger players.

He didn't play yesterday, shocking.

That wasn’t a penalty but that’s the NFL these days.

Eh. If you make contact with a helmet while diving forward, that HAS to get called. The perception is that the NFL doesn't care about safety. They HAVE to call head-to-head hits like that, regardless of intent.

Kick him out.

If anything it shouldn’t even be a flag.

It really is kind of funny. I mean, not a guy getting decked like that, but no one bats an eye at that hit probably 10 years ago.

I always think about the hits that ended Aikman and Young's career. Especially Young's. It made Burflict's look gentle.

What is Walker supposed to do? Not lead with the helmet.

Booger McFarland is an idiot.

I mean hes literally going to catch the ball when allison cuts in front of him and their helmets hit. he had not intention to hit anyone.

Agreed. That's why Walker didn't get kicked out of the game.

Archived