Brewer Fanatic

Game 6: Lions @ Packers - Monday, October 14th 7:15PM

homer
  • Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now do the Lions mistakes.

Why don't you since you're so intent on arguing the point? LOL...exactly when do you say, "ok, now argue against your opinion," outside of law school? It's your opinion. You support it. What plays did they blow.

And the Packers STILL win.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Alright guys, no complaining about officials for awhile.

Nope. The NFL owes me one more just for the fail mary game....

:laughing Yes, we have definitely been on the bad end of a lot of crap calls.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Regarding the flop to avoid the TD:

For the Lions wouldn’t it have been wise to chase him and either shove him into the end zone or heck even pick him up and take him there? They put in no effort period when they should have made an effort to make him score by force.

Just thought that was interesting because Williams got so close to the goal line before falling.

Obviously they couldn't have picked him up since he would be down by contact, but yeah "tackling" him into the end zone would have been a good strategy before he realized what they were doing. Seems to be the next move in that chess match.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

FGs are just too goofy. I'm running it in with 15 seconds left over a FG every time but that's me.

I really would have handed it off to Vitale 3 times before kicking it. I also would not have let it run down to 2 seconds. But....it worked out.

The Packers are 5-1 at the point I'd hoped for 3-3 going into the season.

Lazard wasn't even in the end zone.... knee down before the goal. Ball was just inside 1. Aren't all scores reviewed? Major miss.

Went back and watched it, and it looks to me that the ball is at the goal line when the knee hit, which is a TD or impossible to reverse at the very least.

The pylon cam shows he was down plenty early... well before the end zone. In fact no body part was in the end zone when he his knee was down and touched.

Now do the Lions mistakes.

Why don't you since you're so intent on arguing the point? LOL...exactly when do you say, "ok, now argue against your opinion," outside of law school? It's your opinion. You support it. What plays did they blow.

And the Packers STILL win.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aa7fdcc71a77c7f7328784c73bd72da2f993f2c56&rid=giphy.gif

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

After getting hands to the face call about five plays earlier why tempt fate and go anywhere near his face?

That was my question too. Obviously the refs were looking for it. It was a cheap call, but why even give the refs an opportunity to call it? Poor play from one of those vaunted "former Patriots" the announcers were all excited about.

After getting hands to the face call about five plays earlier why tempt fate and go anywhere near his face?

He's trying to get by an all-pro LT, not that easy to pick where you want to go.

Yes he was holding onto the shoulder pad but he did make contact to the neck and face area with his knuckles

Booger is becoming insufferable to listen to.

Way past that

Well...he also doesn't seem to understand the hands to the face rule. It's hands to the face OR NECK area.

The first one that gave them a 1st down, Flowers smacked him in the face, but that call was bad. The second one though, that's pretty standard.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
never in doubt
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Lazard wasn't even in the end zone.... knee down before the goal. Ball was just inside 1. Aren't all scores reviewed? Major miss.

Went back and watched it, and it looks to me that the ball is at the goal line when the knee hit, which is a TD or impossible to reverse at the very least.

The pylon cam shows he was down plenty early... well before the end zone. In fact no body part was in the end zone when he his knee was down and touched.

NFL wants the Pack winning games this year. [sarcasm]Only[/sarcasm] explanation there is.

That was my question too. Obviously the refs were looking for it. It was a cheap call, but why even give the refs an opportunity to call it? Poor play from one of those vaunted "former Patriots" the announcers were all excited about.

Except it wasn't a poor play. It was a perfectly legal play and it was a super bad call.

They just showed it several times. It was close, but I don't think Lazard wasn't touched by the defender until the ball was over.

If Lazard was down before the end zone it's possible there was no contact until he crossed the plane.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Packers may be a lucky 5-1 but they aren't any luckier than Seattle who's basically won tonight's game 5 times.

Correct take. Most of these teams are so close to each other so winning is winning. We aren’t pretty and we have our holes but we’re 5-1. I’m sure the Lions locker room will appreciate the “sorry” letter they get from the league :laughing

I’d certainly take a look at that angle if you’re watching it someplace....

5 - 1 and still have better football in front of us

Lazard possibly being down before the endzone cancels out the possible Lion TD that was granted when they were potentially stopped on 4th and goal in the first quarter in that rugby scrum. He might have broken the plane, he might not have, so I consider those two events cancelling each other out.

Except it wasn't a poor play. It was a perfectly legal play and it was a super bad call.

It would be interesting to able to look at every previous pass rush buy him to see if he was consistently grabbing me inside of the shoulder pad in the neck area and it was something that the referees were looking for at the end.

Packers may be a lucky 5-1 but they aren't any luckier than Seattle who's basically won tonight's game 5 times.

Correct take. Most of these teams are so close to each other so winning is winning. We aren’t pretty and we have our holes but we’re 5-1. I’m sure the Lions locker room will appreciate the “sorry” letter they get from the league :laughing

It’s funny that you think Al Riveron thinks his crew makes mistakes and actually apologizes :)

I’m convinced he’ll only overturn the most blatant stuff, rules be damned.

Archived