Brewer Fanatic

Packer Punks

rickh150

I like the Packers and all, but the following has bugged me this year-

- The needless and classless clowning around after a Packers score or Packer defensive TO, ala group show. It would be flagged and headline new if done in college or high school, but the NFL condones stupidity. Terrible role modeling....

- Jones waving bye bye today to the running back and the trash being talked to Prescott

- Prima Dona stuff with Rogers almost weekly, mainly taking little jabs with the coach

Tougher to really cheer the team with all this happening...

I probably shouldn't tell you about the Packers season ticket holders that sell their tickets to pay the mortgage. Your head might just explode after all you've been through today watching those antics.

More sell outs, I guess.

- The needless and classless clowning around after a Packers score or Packer defensive TO, ala group show. It would be flagged and headline new if done in college or high school, but the NFL condones stupidity. Terrible role modeling....

- Jones waving bye bye today to the running back and the trash being talked to Prescott

- Prima Dona stuff with Rogers almost weekly, mainly taking little jabs with the coach

Do you get upset when the Brewers do “The Gauntlet” after HRs or untucked their jerseys? How about watching a HR?

Pretty much all players/teams are doing those group celebrations now... what about Jonathan Taylor and the RBs doing their little thing after his TDs? They are playing a game - let them have some fun.

BTW, that Jones waive was hilarious.

Do you have examples of Rodgers taking shots at LaFleur?

I highly doubt Rodgers took any shots at LaFleur.

The other stuff, no, I don't care. I can't understand why anyone does. It reeks of Cardinals "the right way" talk.

It's been a long team since we've had a defense with an attitude. I'd like them to keep that up. When they start getting taunting and unnecessary roughness penalties in key situations, then I'll care.

It’s called swagger. It happens when players are actually good. If it bothers you that much, don’t watch. Tune back in when we are back to a bunch of lifeless stiffs that humblely accept going 1-15. To pass time in the mean time sit outside in a lawn chair and yell at neighborhood children to get off your lawn, because that’s the image I get from your post.

Taunting and excessive stupid on field celebrations were penalized in the NFL for years until the last couple. I'm not ok with the message it sends to the youth, no I'm not. Middle school kids idolize the gestures more than the accomplishment, and we see that in all spheres of society now. Being funny stupid gets more pub and cred than anything. Wagging you're finger in someone's face before you score? Overly celebrating a turnover by running to the opposite goal post and posing for the"cameras"? Glorifying self for minor victories is so played and so overly done. It does no real service for anyone involved.

I'm all for celebrating and congratulating teammates, by the way. It's just beyond stupid now.

I highly doubt Rodgers took any shots at LaFleur.

The other stuff, no, I don't care. I can't understand why anyone does. It reeks of Cardinals "the right way" talk.

It's been a long team since we've had a defense with an attitude. I'd like them to keep that up. When they start getting taunting and unnecessary roughness penalties in key situations, then I'll care.

I find this idea that Rodgers is somehow bullying LaFleur absolutely laughable. Just because he's a laid back young coach during the press conferences doesn't mean he's not fiery as hell during the games. He came up screaming at Rodgers two weeks ago, the ONE time I've seen any type of negative interaction between them.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Hey man, nobody's forcing you. I feel like I just found one of those guys who was constantly tapping me on my shoulder for standing too much during Packers games.

I don't know if you ever played Football, but you can't play it with all the emotion of a Golfer. One of the things that's turned this defense around is their swagger. I saw Jones waving at Byron Jones, a cocky, elite Corner and I thought it was awesome. Finally this team has gotten the type of mentality they've just TALKED about having for years. Alexander, the Smiths, Jones, Rodgers...these guys have that arrogance/swagger. The best teams have it. Even the Pats. The Packers have lacked that emotional edge for years.

Also...how are the Packers being poor "role models," by celebrating AS A TEAM after getting a big turnover? They go down by the fans and they have a celebration. With all due respect, who the hell are you to call this classless or to question their character? You questioning THEIR character for showing EMOTION while playing an EMOTIONAL game makes me question yours. Now I did think they were overdoing it a few weeks ago, but that's just because they got so many turnovers. Not because I was too uptight to watch a bunch of kids celebrate a big play.

I find it pretty galling when people get upset because 20 year old athletes who are PAID to play a game for our ENTERTAINMENT actually do something crazy like celebrate.

Don't get me wrong, I also like when Barry would just turn and hand the ball to the ref....but it didn't make him a better or more impact player than Deion who's go high stepping down the sideline.

I think I'd just advise you following the SF Giants(or whoever else MadBum signs with next year) and the Cardinals. Or maybe just follow the Dolphins. They sure as hell don't do much celebrating!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

What other things do you wish you had control over? Athletes' celebrations, other people's money, the weather?

Just stop catering to Cubs fans and we should be fine...

Not sure what impact it would have if I don't sell 2 terrace reserve seats. Which I will be doing on Opening Day. And there's jack you can do about it, lol.

Hey man, nobody's forcing you. I feel like I just found one of those guys who was constantly tapping me on my shoulder for standing too much during Packers games.

You did. The only part of this dumb thread that has any merit by pure coincidence is the bye-bye wave as it definitely would have been a taunting flag if seen by the official.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Taunting is the only thing I hate to see (though I did laugh when Jones did it). If you hit a home run, score a touchdown or pick off a pass, you should have some right to celebrate it*. If you don't like it, don't let them make a big play.

*The Nick Barnett Samari celebration after tackling a runner 12 yards downfield should be banned.

LOL yes, with a mustache it comes off as fun and joking haha. Side note, isn't funny how the new Jags QB basically got to be a star right away due to the stache. Granted, he's playing great from what I know. Just mean having that stache blew everything up quickly.

If you find yourself agreeing with Skip Bayless, you need to take a step back and reevaluate:

I used to respect Green Bay. Not any more. What a bunch of hotdogs, showboaters and trash-talkers.

This, coming from the guy who's a fan of a team that once featured Michael Irvin & Deion Sanders.

The entire complaint from the OP is what makes me grimace at the realization that the Packers are easily the most comparable fanbase in the NFL to what we see in MLB and Cardinals. They're so comparable that it makes me sick just thinking about it.

Gruber Lawffices

Archived