Brewer Fanatic

2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]

Eye Black
The Grisham-Buckner thing needs to stop. We're talking about the bases loaded with Hader doing a Jose Capellan impersonation, and a ball that was already a hit. And we're comparing it to a weak grounder dribbling through a 1B's legs with the World Series on the line. It's an awful comparison. In the best-case scenario Grisham fields it cleanly and it's 3-3.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Grisham-Buckner thing needs to stop. We're talking about the bases loaded with Hader doing a Jose Capellan impersonation, and a ball that was already a hit. And we're comparing it to a weak grounder dribbling through a 1B's legs with the World Series on the line. It's an awful comparison. In the best-case scenario Grisham fields it cleanly and it's 3-3.

Agreed. It was a bad play for sure, but hanging this on Grisham might be the absolute worst take being thrown out there.

I would say Grisham was the Buckner moment.

Good point.

NOT a good point. Grisham's mistake didn't cost us the world series, hell, it didn't even cost us the game last night.

It was just another bad thing that happened on a bad night.

No one will ever equate Grisham's mistake to Buckner, no one at all...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The term "Buckner moment" in itself to me is baloney. It happened with a tied score in a game that wasn't an elimination game for the Red Sox. And like others posted above, a false equivalency to Grishom.

Man. Some day, Bill Buckner will be able to rest in peace. Geez. It's baseball. Grish got excited and overran the ball. It happens.

Thankfully, Buckner got his forgiveness from the Red Sox before he passed away.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived