Brewer Fanatic

2019-10-01 (NL Wild Card Game): Brewers (Woodruff) at Nationals (Scherzer) 7:08 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3 -- Nationals score 3 runs in 8th inning; Heartbreaking end to 2019]

Eye Black

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Grisham

2. Grandal

3. Moustakas

4. Hiura

5. Braun

6. Thames

7. Cain

8. Woodruff

9. Arcia

Other Pitchers: Lyles, Suter, Pomeranz, Hader, Guerra, Claudio, Houser, Peralta, D Williams

Bench Bats: Gamel, Perez, Pina, Austin, Spangenberg, Freitas, Shaw

Albers might make it over Williams, also not sure if Houser would be ready to pitch an inning today or not, but since they pulled him early the other day, would this be his "bullpen" day?

The Brewers are 18-4 in games Brandon Woodruff pitched this season.

The Nationals are 14-13 in games Max Scherzer pitched this season.

This feels like the sort of game where the first team to 5 runs is going to win it. I’ll predict a 5-3 win for the Crew.

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Another year of playoff baseball for our Brewers. As frustrating as watching this team was this year, that is a HUGE accomplishment! I have a strong feeling that Brewer baseball games are going to continue this fall after today as well ;)

In the playoffs for just the 6th time in 50 season of Milwaukee Brewers baseball. I agree that you can’t understate the importance of the accomplishment, as well as appreciating and enjoying days like this as a Brewers fan.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

I am not being productive at work at all today.

So thankful that our school district is on fall break for the next two weeks. (Last year, too, for that game 163.) I'd be going nuts if I had to teach today, anticipating going home to watch the game.

Enjoy it, Brewer fans! Just soak it in!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

1. Grisham

2. Grandal

3. Moustakas

4. Hiura

5. Braun

6. Thames

7. Cain

8. Woodruff

9. Arcia

Other Pitchers: Lyles, Suter, Pomeranz, Hader, Guerra, Claudio, Houser, Peralta, D Williams

Bench Bats: Gamel, Perez, Pina, Austin, Spangenberg, Freitas, Shaw

Albers might make it over Williams, also not sure if Houser would be ready to pitch an inning today or not, but since they pulled him early the other day, would this be his "bullpen" day?

Somehow my eyes went over Jay Jackson looking at the 40-man this morning but I would've obviously chosen him over D Williams.

Anderson over Houser, so Houser probably not ready to pitch today just yet. Instead Anderson moves to bullpen (I suppose Woodruff/Davies/Houser/Lyles would work for an NLDS rotation).

And Taylor over Freitas (makes sense, could be a pinch runner). So I was off by a few but not too shabby.

I think Tyrone Taylor is needed as insurance with Cain and Braun banged up.

He factors in that way as well, but I'm thinking his primary use will be as a pinch runner. We might see him come in for defense late if we are ahead as well, or if Braun/Cain get hurt. I would think an early injury would put Gamel in the game ahead of Taylor.

I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.

Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.

I love the roster. Shows the Brewers' hand a little as to their strategy. I doubt a pitcher bats in this game.

I also would expect Lyles to pitch in the game. Anderson is the "long man" in case of emergency.

Woodruff will probably bat once considering we hit first and his PA would likely be 2nd or 3rd inning...I guess if it's the 3rd maybe he doesn't bat. I wouldn't be overly surprised if he hit 8th today. I'm imagining something like Woodruff for 3ish, Suter for 2, Lyles for 2-3, then Pomeranz/Hader to finish it. That's the dream anyway. I would think Jackson/Claudio will pitch to 1-2 hitters if any of the 3 main guys struggles completing an inning.

Ya good point on Woodruff maybe getting 1 PA. If any of the pitchers hit obviously he's the one you're ok with.

I'm also interested to see how they use Pomeranz and Hader. I almost feel like you need to have one of them available to get out of a big jam left by another pitcher.

Archived