Brewer Fanatic

2019 MLB Playoffs Preview and Discussion

Eye Black

Braun is good to go tomorrow! Great news on Braun. Cain will be a game time decision, but Scott Braun asked Cain how he was feeling when he was walking off the field and Cain responded with “good enough”. Looks like Cain will be a go as well!

Great! Both are needed. Damn the 0-14 and 0-15 against Scherzer - Braun starts a playoff game every time, and in any defensive game Cain may just win the game in the field.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don’t mind our chances tomorrow. Scherzer isn’t unhittable. Corbin and Stras normally don’t relieve. I think Woodruff gives us 3 innings of no run-ball. Suter follows for 2IP. Hat gets us to Pomeranz and Hader

I feel a bit better using guys in roles they are used to vs. tossing starters out there mid game. The later is much more unpredictable and guys have struggled in such a role in the past.

Do we just tell ourselves this before a game like this to make ourselves feel better or is there real statistical evidence to back it up? I really don't know, honestly curious. Feels like we used almost everyone on our pitching staff in an unfamiliar role last September/October and they did just fine.

FWIW, Strasburg has never pitched out of the pen and Corbin has been very successful in limited career innings out of the pen.

If I added it up correctly, according to the 538 season game by game odds, in games where we had a 42% chance or less of winning we were 8-5 with 4 of those losses started by Houser. We beat Grienke x2, Verlander, Flaherty x2. Houser isn't starting so they are saying there is a chance. :)

If the Brewers win Tuesday, Game 1 will be at 8:37 pm Thursday and Game 2 will be 8:47 pm Friday.

Those are Eastern times, right?

Edit: As I see it, Thursday is 7:37 Central and Friday is 8:47.

Dodgers would play the Nats Thursday at 7:37. If they play the Brewers, it’s an hour later.

Scherzer is obviously an incredible pitcher who had another great season. One thing that gives me a bit of hope, however, is he has only started 8 games since the All Star Break and below are his combined results from those games...

48824565037_e7bf159d8b_c.jpg

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived