Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-29: Brewers (Houser) at Rockies (Hoffman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 13 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the obligatory nod to “anything can happen in baseball”, I have a hard time convincing myself that the wild card game isn’t going to be a pretty dreary loss. For starters, Scherzer against the weakened Brewer lineup (and backed up by Corbin and Strasburg, if needed) has all the makings of a 20 plus strikeout game. And the Brewers pitchers are going to have a hard time with the Nats offense that smoked them in August.

That having been said, I’ll be buying tickets for the first home game in the NLDS just in case.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Gamel is held up on a hit he would have scored standing on and then gets thrown out at home after hesitating on a ball that only gets about 15ft away from the plate. That was a new level of botched base-running.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

I know it'd look really bad, but would it be the worst thing to just intentionally walk 5 batters in a row and get out of here?

My guess is this one isn’t going to take 5 more batters before it’s over.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Win or lose, this series has been a pretty piss poor finish to the regular season. I hope they can find whatever magic they had found for most of September when they head to Washington on Tuesday or it's going to be a short visit to the postseason.

I know it'd look really bad, but would it be the worst thing to just intentionally walk 5 batters in a row and get out of here?

I mean, I wouldn't give a crap and neither would most of us, but it'd be talked about all week and CC would be criticized by every talking head out there for taking away from the integrity of the game and blah blah blah. He's doing about everything within his power to get this game over with while still avoiding that scenario.

Archived