Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-29: Brewers (Houser) at Rockies (Hoffman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 13 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Markakis is probably the most forgettable name on that list. Heck of a career he put together with only 1 all-star appearance. An OBP machine.

Markakis has had some serious longevity for being "just a guy". Hes had 2 seasons over a 3.0 war in his entire career. He's super replaceable but he keeps plugging along....

Community Moderator
Is anyone even watching this game? Do people really like the NFL that much or is everyone just burned out after yesterday? I watched about 15 minutes of the Packers this year and figured that was enough NFL for 2019.

Is anyone even watching this game? Do people really like the NFL that much or is everyone just burned out after yesterday? I watched about 15 minutes of the Packers this year and figured that was enough NFL for 2019.

I think the Cards going up big early sort of took the wind out of everyone's sails.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Stopped watching the Brewers game once Cards went up big, since this game no lo ger matters.

Ted Thompson ruined football for me. I still check the box scores and watch the Badgers but I gave up on the NFL.

Ted Thompson ruined football for me. I still check the box scores and watch the Badgers but I gave up on the NFL.

I am in a very similar boat, would have never guessed it when I was 12 years old and the Packers won the Superbowl

Markakis is probably the most forgettable name on that list. Heck of a career he put together with only 1 all-star appearance. An OBP machine.

Markakis has had some serious longevity for being "just a guy". Hes had 2 seasons over a 3.0 war in his entire career. He's super replaceable but he keeps plugging along....

Yeah, Markakis definitely has a case for the average-est player of all, or at least recent, time.

Qualified for the batting title in 12 of his 14 seasons, still racked up ~470 PAs in each of the seasons he didn't.

29 fWAR in 14 seasons, almost exactly 2 per year.

109 career wRC+ which is right around average for a RF.

In 18,000+ innings in the OF he is +1 DRS, -7.5 UZR. Again, about as close to average as one can get.

I think the Cards going up big early sort of took the wind out of everyone's sails.

I'm watching-but am sad no one liked my Scott stapp joke. Creed forever!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I just really hate the wild card format.

The season is just too long for a sudden death play-off format.

At the very least, it should be a 2 of 3 series, but even that feels cheap.

The format is fine.

Don't want to play a potential one and done, then win the division. Play in games should not be a "best of".

I think the physics of football and Chris Borland ruined football for me, but I still catch the Badgers occasionally. It's baseball and college hoops for me.

I think the physics of football and Chris Borland ruined football for me, but I still catch the Badgers occasionally. It's baseball and college hoops for me.

That's also part of it for me. "Player safety" is a punchline to a pretty bad joke. I hate Jim McMahon, but seeing interviews with him where he forgets things that were said 10 minutes ago is sad and sobering.

Well you can start to solve the 25 man playoff roster today at least for the WC game. Just begin by removing every pitcher who is pitching today.

Well. If someone tosses an inning and throws 15 or fewer pitches they should be good by Tuesday

Part of my point was that we're going to be using pitchers we won't be planning on carrying on Tuesday. No point even in a 3-2 game to use a playoff needed pitcher to preserve the save for a meaningless game.

I no longer watch the NFL, haven't watched a single play since the debacle of 2 seasons ago.

Don't miss it in the least.

It was becoming unwatchable before they gave me a reason to stop watching all together anyway...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Good season. Unexpected. Unforgettable run with a lot of things going against them

Horrible crappy ending to the season that took away some of it

But all will be forgotten if they win Tuesday. Then it didn’t matter. But we will see

They get to play another game

I just really hate the wild card format.

The season is just too long for a sudden death play-off format.

At the very least, it should be a 2 of 3 series, but even that feels cheap.

The format is fine.

Don't want to play a potential one and done, then win the division. Play in games should not be a "best of".

My point is, I don't like the "play-in" format. I don't think a 162 season should come down to a "play-in" game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It's really too bad they blew it last night. I'm not even nervous right now watching our pen as it is meaningless if they end up blowing this one.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived