Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-29: Brewers (Houser) at Rockies (Hoffman) [Brewers lose, 4-3 in 13 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I kinda think we don't pitch hader tonight no matter what. I think it makes sense to give him some rest whether we are playing tomorrow or tuesday so he can pitch multiple innings in one of those games.

[sarcasm]Yeah, give him a day to think about how he's the worst pitcher in the history of pitching too![/sarcasm]

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I do get a kick out of everyone rationalizing the loss last night. You were literally one out away from being in the division lead with one freaking game left. And our reliever who has more homeruns given up than most starting pitchers did it again

It’s just frustrating. I just hope we aren’t rueing the day if we are losing 8-2 in the fifth inning Tuesday

Let’s hope a miracle happens today. I would rather have two chances to make the real playoffs than one

Daily, borderline hourly lurker, especially in Sept/Oc....but rare poster.

What a year, great start to this one. And I am ready to commit to a phrase on paper (internet paper) that I never though I would say...

Go Cubs

Also, hopefully a big win today for the crew for momentum. See you on the optimism thread!

Yaz trying to make up for last nights debacle. Big time swing.

He doesnt have to slide if he hits it outta the park. So that's a plus.

Can you tell I’m still bitter about it? :laughing I woke up thinking about that dumb dumb last night.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I do get a kick out of everyone rationalizing the loss last night. You were literally one out away from being in the division lead with one freaking game left. And our reliever who has more homeruns given up than most starting pitchers did it again

It’s just frustrating. I just hope we aren’t rueing the day if we are losing 8-2 in the fifth inning Tuesday

Let’s hope a miracle happens today. I would rather have two chances to make the real playoffs than one

We've won games we had no right to, we've lost games like last night. Last time I checked, even Mo Rivera gave up homers. I'll still feel confident with Hader and a lead in a playoff game, frankly.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Holland is just awful. Two walks to start the first. Why is a reliever starting?

because at this point all Maddon has to do is get through this day without ruining someone's arm. He has a 40 man roster to simply get through the day. he doesn't care if they win, and he doesn't care if they have to use 12 pitchers to do it.

Yelich will win the slash triple crown leading the league in BA/OBP/SLG

Can you name the last NLer besides Bonds in 2004 and 2002 to do it?

Helton in 2000, Walker in 1999. Neither won MVP.

Yes,

who was the last one non-Bonds and non-Coors?

The last non-Bonds, non-Coors NLer was in 1948. The AL had a winner in 1948 as well.

In the AL, there have been a bunch of other winners too, who can get them:

Archived