Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Eye Black
People are really blaming Sedar on that? Ridiculous. That’s all on Grandal.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grandal is not known for his baserunning, you would think Sedar would know that? Dude is slow, and running all the way from 1B? Bad send in my opinion.

Rather than having a man at 2B and 3B with 1 out, now we have a guy at 2B with 2 outs, no run, and a gassed catcher.

I know most will agree with that send by Sedar, but I think it was just plain stupid to send Grandal there. Any other starting hitter, sure, except for Moose. lol

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Dang it Eddie ... not a brilliant move sending Grandal there, even if he did have a good slide.

If he takes a normal path to home he is safe by a mile, that is all on Grandal. That is with a more or less perfect set of throws too, if the throws were even a tiny bit off he walks into home. can't blame Sedar for that.

Yeah that was the correct call to send Grandal when Blackmon was halfing it out in right field slowly jogging to the ball. Grandal needs to do a bit of jogging and practice sliding looks like
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Trying to score a slow catcher from 1B on a double is not smart.

He's a catcher for God's sake.

Is Grandal partly to blame, sure, bad slide, but the send was stupid, and I stand by that opinion.

Dang it Eddie ... not a brilliant move sending Grandal there, even if he did have a good slide.

If he takes a normal path to home he is safe by a mile, that is all on Grandal. That is with a more or less perfect set of throws too, if the throws were even a tiny bit off he walks into home. can't blame Sedar for that.

Yeah, you are probably right. I just thought with Grandal's lack of speed, some station-to-station might have been more appropriate. But yeah, he should have made it.

Is Grandal partly to blame, sure, bad slide, but the send was stupid, and I stand by that opinion.

Stand by it all you want but even with a perfect throw he should have been able to just run through home without a slide, that is 100% blame on Grandal and 0% on Sedar. He should have been safe by a mile.

Sure but you don't just automatically not send him because of that. It wasn't just the slide, it was the route too. I have not issue with that send.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Stand by it all you want but even with a perfect throw he should have been able to just run through home without a slide, that is 100% blame on Grandal and 0% on Sedar. He should have been safe by a mile.

Then we will agree to disagree.

He's too slow to risk it.

Then we will agree to disagree.

He's too slow to risk it.

Except speed had nothing to do with it.

Archived