Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder...since he's mainly a fast ball guy(and that plays in Colorado), IF the Brewers win tonight, and the Cards lose, if MAYBE CC doesn't chance it and start Freddy tomorrow?? That would make sense to me in regards to the fact you don't have to use Woody or Houser and basically leaves your rotation in tact for a game 163 or the post season. I think that might be the route I go..It's risky, but I think it might be the right call in thinking about it.

I wonder...since he's mainly a fast ball guy(and that plays in Colorado), IF the Brewers win tonight, and the Cards lose, if MAYBE CC doesn't chance it and start Freddy tomorrow?? That would make sense to me in regards to the fact you don't have to use Woody or Houser and basically leaves your rotation in tact for a game 163 or the post season. I think that might be the route I go..It's risky, but I think it might be the right call in thinking about it.

I doubt it. Freddy has only pitched 9 innings in the last month. I'd guess they go with something more predictable.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I would start a reliever for an inning, then go to Peralta in that scenario. Freddy looks awful when he starts, play the mind game with him and don't let him start, but bring him in in the 2nd inning instead.

All that being said, no way I'd put Freddy in a high leverage situation like that. I don't know that he is mentally tough enough to handle it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I would start a reliever for an inning, then go to Peralta in that scenario. Freddy looks awful when he starts, play the mind game with him and don't let him start, but bring him in in the 2nd inning instead.

All that being said, no way I'd put Freddy in a high leverage situation like that. I don't know that he is mentally tough enough to handle it.

His MLB debut was his best outing ever and he had some really good playoff innings last season. Had some struggles for some stretches this year but I don't think mental toughness was the problem during those stretches.

Archived