Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Eye Black
Highly emotional loss. Just because you’re able to immediately reason with yourself back into reality doesn’t mean try to do so with others on a message board. Allow people to be mad. Just a tip
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who is the dunce of the reporter who asked Craig, "You have an extra hour tomorrow (after the Cards start to evaluate), right?"

As Craig told you, everyone plays at the same time tomorrow, dummy, and a professional journalist should already know that.

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

It's not like I'm not pissed too. That game was a haymaker. But this team has managed to get off the mat so many times this year, I just think its foolish to once again write the obituary.

I don't think anybody's burying this team yet. You can't. They're in the playoffs no matter what. I just don't think it's worth it to expend the energy it will take to try to win a division that will likely not happen. Save your strength and get ready for Washington. I'm fine with that.

This is a playoff team. For the second year in a row.

Sorry, but, as much as tonight was frustrating, it's not like we lost something we had in the bag. The Cardinals are the ones blowing it. We are just not making them pay. I will take this over 2014 any day.

We are probably (though not definitely) going to have to win a one-game playoff in Washington. Enjoy it. Even if it is just one game, it is October baseball!

The Cardinals are losing to their most hated rival, in a game where benches are clearing, a year after they cost the Cubs the division. The Brewers are getting blanked by 6 ERA starters. They're choking. 2/3 would have forced 163 and they couldn't do that. It's baseball and there are no guarantees but when that happens and part of it is your all star phenom giving up a dinger to a scrub, you choked.

Man. We had a golden opportunity tonight and blew it. This sucks.

Or, maybe we’re meant to beat the Nats, and to play the Dodgers in a 5 gamer instead of 7. Remember how much pressure will be on those 2 teams. They are expected to win. Pressure pressure.

Dodgers will likely sweep us.

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

It's not like I'm not pissed too. That game was a haymaker. But this team has managed to get off the mat so many times this year, I just think its foolish to once again write the obituary.

I don't think anybody's burying this team yet. You can't. They're in the playoffs no matter what. I just don't think it's worth it to expend the energy it will take to try to win a division that will likely not happen. Save your strength and get ready for Washington. I'm fine with that.

I understand that line of thinking. I just can't see the Brewers, knowing the way they are managed, going that route. But who knows?

I can think of many, many games where I’ve been more upset than this one. Probably because this last month has been so improbable that I still have never reached a point where the Brewers going anywhere in the playoffs made sense. I feel like I’ve gotten a month of unexpected meaningful games and still have a wild card game as a consolation prize. Even if they had won tonight the odds still favored the Cards to win the division because of Flaherty pitching tomorrow, home field if there would be a game 163, and a Brewers lineup missing some key figures (arguably their best two big game hitters).
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Or, maybe we’re meant to beat the Nats, and to play the Dodgers in a 5 gamer instead of 7. Remember how much pressure will be on those 2 teams. They are expected to win. Pressure pressure.

Just looked at your post history, and every one of them is Cubs-related. Which sorta tells me that you may be trolling.

Unless ... Big Al, is that you?

The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Exactly. That's why it's tough for me to get too worked up over who they face. They are pretty much playing with house money at this point.

We’re probably going to be facing Scherzer and an absolutely red hot Nationals team on Tuesday in DC. Somebody please talk me off the ledge.

We only have to win once. If this was a best of five or seven I'd be worried. Scherzer hasn't been all that great this month anyway. It's definitely doable.

Stearns hasn’t made too many mistakes as GM, but god Albers’s contract cannot be up soon enough. An era of nearly six across 94+ innings. Could’ve got better results from Taylor Williams or Barnes and at least have potential upside

Brewers weren’t supposed to get into the playoffs either, but did. Dodgers supposed to win a World Series but don’t.

Also remember this: the most important aspect of a baseball team is the bullpen. They might have a better offense and rotation, but we got em with the pen. But, first we beat the Nats.

The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Exactly. That's why it's tough for me to get too worked up over who they face. They are pretty much playing with house money at this point.

Well the big advantage for winning your division is that you don't have to win a win or go home game first just to get into the field of 4. Beyond that yeah I don't really care whether they would face the Braves or Dodgers.

This one will bug me all year just like game 7. I really would have been content with losing in the NLDS. To blow the shot at 163 in that fashion makes me want to puke and while I've been hyperbolic the last hour I really do not trust Hader at all with a game on the line. Cannot believe how low his ERA is because it feels like I've seen him do that ten times this season. Any crappy hitter can give one of his poorly placed meatballs a ride. I hate him in one run games, and his K% is severely overrated when paired with 15 HR/75IP. Would've traded some Ks for a groundball tonight. Just sick. Absolutely sick.

Stearns hasn’t made too many mistakes as GM, but god Albers’s contract cannot be up soon enough. An era of nearly six across 94+ innings. Could’ve got better results from Taylor Williams or Barnes and at least have potential upside

You lost me with your comments on Williams Barnes. Although they are wonderful low leverage, mop up pitchers.

Well the big advantage for winning your division is that you don't have to win a win or go home game first just to get into the field of 4. Beyond that yeah I don't really care whether they would face the Braves or Dodgers.

I'd love to see them win the division. But it has always been a long shot. I mean, the odds maybe got close to 40-50% during those couple minutes after the Cubs/Cards game went final, and before Hader gave up his dinger, but they still go into tomorrow with a chance, which is all you can ask. Pretty phenomenal considering how this weekend has gone so far.

This one will bug me all year just like game 7. I really would have been content with losing in the NLDS. To blow the shot at 163 in that fashion makes me want to puke and while I've been hyperbolic the last hour I really do not trust Hader at all with a game on the line. Cannot believe how low his ERA is because it feels like I've seen him do that ten times this season. Any crappy hitter can give one of his poorly placed meatballs a ride. I hate him in one run games, and his K% is severely overrated when paired with 15 HR/75IP. Would've traded some Ks for a groundball tonight. Just sick. Absolutely sick.

I agree with this for the most part. Anyone who says you feel great bringing him into a one run is lying. It is hard to pitch in this years mlb with one pitch you are willing to throw with the game on the line. A one run is a situation when you sit dead red and try to hit it out. It can be done rather easily it appears this season. Hader isn't terrible but he isn't shutdown either.

You lost me with your comments on Williams Barnes. Although they are wonderful low leverage, mop up pitchers.

Point being; it’s been a rare mistake by the team to keep Albers around all this time. There are at least 50 pitchers floating on the fringes of MLB that even if they put up an era of 5.00 would have substantially put pitches Albers

Archived