Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on guys. The Cardinals have now lost twice to the B squad Cubs. That’s probably worse than our losses. I wonder if they are packing it in tomorrow and just hope we will lose?

Doubtful. It is two games...the results are as predictable as the last four played the last two days. Not what you expected.

Flaherty is going tomorrow. they aren't getting swept. It's over.

I get it. Tonight sucks. But the reactions are making this look like a post-Packer game call-in show.

The season is not over. This team has already punched its ticket. Play well tomorrow, and who knows what might happen in the Cards/Cubs game.

The “at least I didn’t go blind or contract leprosy today” post

I'm not happy, but the "that's it, season's over" posts are pretty lame.

Hader does kind of suck though. He's getting to Turnbow levels with keeping the ball in play. He's either striking guys out or doing that. He blew it. Your stud horse needs to close out a hitter like that on Sept 28. Absolutely pathetic finish.

There are plenty of bad takes on this forum but this one is especially awful...

He's lost too many games for a supposedly awesome reliever and very likely blew our shot at a division title to a guy with seven home runs. You can keep pretending he's great but he has been getting taken out back way too much this year. Posted that I hated using him here before it even happened. Saw this coming a mile away in that park with a one-run lead.

Just rest Cain, Moose, roll out your C lineup tomorrow, and let Burnes, Williams, Black, Faria, chew up the game. We're not winning the division, fellas. Lightning already struck twice and we couldn't take advantage. You've got to be rested for Tuesday.

Yeah, do that, and you are guaranteeing the Cards get swept. Because baseball.

No way, you play to win tomorrow.

Even if they do, you still don't win the division, you still have to go into St Louis and win. And if you can't do that you're completely on fumes for Tuesday. That's a lot to put into several unlikely things happening.

If it was tied going into tomorrow, of course, go all in. But no, not now. You've already punched your ticket, don't burn it.

Come on guys. The Cardinals have now lost twice to the B squad Cubs. That’s probably worse than our losses. I wonder if they are packing it in tomorrow and just hope we will lose?

Doubtful. It is two games...the results are as predictable as the last four played the last two days. Not what you expected.

Cards have lost 2 of his last 3 starts. Now back to hibernation like you promised.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I get it. Tonight sucks. But the reactions are making this look like a post-Packer game call-in show.

The season is not over. This team has already punched its ticket. Play well tomorrow, and who knows what might happen in the Cards/Cubs game.

The “at least I didn’t go blind or contract leprosy today” post

I'm not happy, but the "that's it, season's over" posts are pretty lame.

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

Did you just come back to spread your BS?

If so, it was a lot nicer around here when you were gone.

Honor your word.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

In the last 28 days, Hader had 13 appearances, faced 53 batters, allowed 5 hits, one homer, and had a .353 OPS against, but yeah, he 'sucks'.

Nobody throws 100% of their pitches for perfect pitches. I get it, we're frustrated, but wow. The guy does not suck.

Not ideal to have him blow 7 games this season. It’s not crazy bad but he’s been an issue this season as great as he is.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just rest Cain, Moose, roll out your C lineup tomorrow, and let Burnes, Williams, Black, Faria, chew up the game. We're not winning the division, fellas. Lightning already struck twice and we couldn't take advantage. You've got to be rested for Tuesday.

Yeah, do that, and you are guaranteeing the Cards get swept. Because baseball.

No way, you play to win tomorrow.

Even if they do, you still don't win the division, you still have to go into St Louis and win. And if you can't do that you're completely on fumes for Tuesday. That's a lot to put into several unlikely things happening.

If it was tied going into tomorrow, of course, go all in. But no, not now. You've already punched your ticket, don't burn it.

Cardinals are on fumes too.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
In the last 28 days, Hader had 13 appearances, faced 53 batters, allowed 5 hits, one homer, and had a .353 OPS against, but yeah, he 'sucks'.

Nobody throws 100% of their pitches for perfect pitches. I get it, we're frustrated, but wow. The guy does not suck.

Not ideal to have him blow 7 games this season. It’s not crazy bad but he’s been an issue this season as great as he is.

I think there's a comfortable middle ground between "dominating" and "he sucks".

A guy that strikes out half of the batters he faces with a 2 1/2 ERA and 3 FIP doesn't suck.

Cards have lost 2 of his last 3 starts. Now back to hibernation like you promised.

LOL before I go, I have been waiting for you to show up in one of my posts...I hope you learned that you saw EXACTLY why you don't sell. That's all you wanted them to do and now you're here reveling in them making the playoffs..Just seems hypocritical that you were all over the threads during the deadline preaching "sell, sell, sell", and then now celebrating them making the playoffs like you never said that?? It doesn't work that way...you have to own it. You seem glad they didn't sell now, right?? You should be!

No way to sugar coat it.

That was the 3Rd worst loss in my 40 years as a Brewer fan.

Is #1 Game 7 of the 1982 World Series and #2 Game 7 of the 2018 NLCS?

I would think that the KOTSAY in CF game would be up there too.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

It's not like I'm not pissed too. That game was a haymaker. But this team has managed to get off the mat so many times this year, I just think its foolish to once again write the obituary.

Archived