Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hader has given up 1 HR in the past 6 weeks. I don't think the long ball is still a big issue with him. At least not compared to the rest of the bullpen.

This would fall under jinx category. Hopefully we don’t believe in superstitions

There it is

Hader has given up 1 HR in the past 6 weeks. I don't think the long ball is still a big issue with him. At least not compared to the rest of the bullpen.

This did not age well.

I thought that when I read it... Tempting the baseball gods.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Ok, you cannot commit obstruction if you have the ball, and catcher had the ball before Cain got there, even if only by a millisecond, so what is the complaint there?

Exactly.

He had the ball in his glove, so how can you expect him to step aside in that instance. He had the ball and applied the tag.

If the catcher is expected to move out of the way, and risk missing the tag, the rule is even dumber than I thought.

If the throw forces the catcher into the base path it is the defenses fault and it should be called. Make the fielders throw the ball to the proper place. Otherwise the rule is dumber than i thought.

What should be called?

"Obstruction describes an act by a fielder, who is not in possession of the ball or in the process of fielding it, that impedes the baserunner's progress."

The catcher had the ball before contact happened

This did not age well.

2 HR in 6 weeks is not a big issue either.

Ummm. Yeah. You are trying to win a division. That’s just terrible.

Archived