Eye Black
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

neither cast ye your pearls before swine

Oy!

We're talking baseball, right?

I don't worship CC.

When he messes up, he needs to be called out!

Who claimed his bullpen moves worked tonight? I bet if you asked him, he’d admit as much. That isn’t at issue here. What is at issue here is your unbelievable position that the man apparently has nothing to do with one of the greatest month-long stretches in franchise history. Is it your assertion that all managers only negatively impact the outcomes of games, or does only CC bear that dishonorable distinction?

If the Cubs can win...

We're 1GB heading into Saturday, needing to win two and needing the Cardinals to lose to the Cubs. Exact same scenario as 2018 only needing the Cubs to lose to the Cards.

Yep, if the Cubs can win today I still feel pretty good about the odds of a game 163.

Cardinals are throwing Gallegos in the 6th, now Miller im the 7th. Schildt going for it. If they lose with those guys having pitched (Gallegos threw like 30 pitches!) It'll be tougher on them tomorrow.

In the WC era, these final week games are hard to manage. Have to maxmin a whole lot with risk and leverage.

neither cast ye your pearls before swine

Oy!

We're talking baseball, right?

I don't worship CC.

When he messes up, he needs to be called out!

Who claimed his bullpen moves worked tonight? I bet if you asked him, he’d admit as much. That isn’t at issue here. What is at issue here is your unbelievable position that the man apparently has nothing to do with one of the greatest month-long stretches in franchise history. Is it your assertion that all managers only negatively impact the outcomes of games, or does only CC bear that dishonorable distinction?

CC to his credit has not been this bone-headed all month until now! Crazy, crazy, boneheaded mismanagement tonight! It's infuriating! Nauseating! Devastating! I am not understating!

CC to his credit has not been this bone-headed all month until now! Crazy, crazy, boneheaded mismanagement tonight! It's infuriating! Nauseating! Devastating! I am not understating!

He did the exact same thing he did all month, only it didn't work.

Seems pretty straight forward.

He did the exact same thing he did all month, only it didn't work.

Seems pretty straight forward.

Black has been in high leverage situations with Claudio and Jackson all in the same inning this month while Pomeranz, Hader, Suter, Albers, etc. were not used? I sure don't remember that!!!!!

Treego, you're overreacting. Black didn't get the job done, but Albers whose name you threw out there is no better of an option lately, so that doesn't make any sense other than just being emotional.

You can't chew up 4-5 innings with the same 3 guys every night. Yeah, it sucks, but they were overdue for some bad outings. Hopefully they get them all out of the way tonight.

On the plus side(maybe)...IF IF IF things go right tomorrow(Crew wins, Cards lose), the Cardinals have held Flaherty back for Sunday(if needed), under this scenario he would be needed for them. So, if they end up tied, he couldn't pitch the tiebreaker game against the Crew.

Archived