Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-27: Brewers (Davies) at Rockies (Senzatela) [Brewers lose, 11-7]

Eye Black
Well, the #1 wild card spot isn’t looking very likely now, but let’s hope the Cubs can somehow pull this game off so we are only still one game back of the division. Cardinals win today and the #2 wild card slot is likely where we’ll be.

Then Maddon will start Kimbrel tomorrow

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys, assuming we don't come back and the Cubs don't win, the people calling to plan on playing in Washington on Tuesday are not saying anything wrong or ridiculous. 2 down with 2 to go is just not likely going to happen from either the Cards or Nats much less needing to win both ourselves. It's not like you're going to play to lose the next two games, but there's nothing wrong with resting up everyone you want to be available for Tuesday and just getting some innings out of Faria, Burnes, etc. Going all out for something that probably has a 10% chance of happening anyway is a shortsighted move. Just play to win on Tuesday.

People in this thread were calling this game a loss when it was 2-3...

That was just plain stupid.

Down 2-8, I get it, down 2-3, the way this team has played the last 20 games, was just asinine.

Ah, yeah that makes sense then.

All I was saying is that if you're 2 games down with 2 to go it's probably best to just concentrate on what you need to do to win the Wild Card game and if anything better happens along the way, great.

Guys, assuming we don't come back and the Cubs don't win, the people calling to plan on playing in Washington on Tuesday are not saying anything wrong or ridiculous. 2 down with 2 to go is just not likely going to happen from either the Cards or Nats much less needing to win both ourselves. It's not like you're going to play to lose the next two games, but there's nothing wrong with resting up everyone you want to be available for Tuesday and just getting some innings out of Faria, Burnes, etc. Going all out for something that probably has a 10% chance of happening anyway is a shortsighted move. Just play to win on Tuesday.

No one said that. Calling it over and done with in a 1-0 game and 3-2 game was annoying, and dumb. That it's now 8-2 doesn't change that.

Yeah I missed that part of it.

Well. Maybe the cubs will pull something out of the rear ends tonight

This is what will anger me even more, if the Cubs give the Crew the help they needed, and the Brewers couldn't capitalize. That's a lot more maddening then if the Crew wins and the Cardinals win.

You're getting upset the Brewers didn't win 14 of their last 15. Think about that.

People in this thread were calling this game a loss when it was 2-3...

That was just plain stupid.

Down 2-8, I get it, down 2-3, the way this team has played the last 20 games, was just asinine.

I think people look for a reason to get offended. Everyone just relax

I hope CC apologizes to the team and fans for this game.

This team has won 18 of 20. Give me a break.

No, CC needs to give us a break! This was inexcusable managing! Don't rest on laurels! Be intelligent! This is not a spring training game! Good grief!

Going to need some big-time, Manny Pina, Eric Thames heroics to have any shot tonight.

Obviously, I want to win the division. But I am weirdly excited about the chance to experience a WC game. Call me crazy, I guess. I sort of feel like Game 163 last year is about as tense as I will ever be for any baseball game. That was the best win of my Brewer life.

The flipside was losing Game 4 in LA. Most physically sick I have ever felt about a baseball game.

After those two, I feel oddly zen. Whatever happens, the result will be somewhere in between.

I hope CC apologizes to the team and fans for this game.

Ok, this is getting a little much. Maybe he’ll get on that apology when you send him a hand-written thank you card for the whole month of September. Get real.

Such a card would go to the players, period.

Archived