Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Eagles @ Packers - Thursday, Sept 26 7:20pm

homer
I’ve go to mow the lawn tonight before the game so I’ll sneak in my pick without the benefit of the injury report.

27-20 Eagles

I don’t care about their record, this is a recent Super Bowl winner and I’m worried about the defense if Za’Darious and Fackrell can’t go. Hope I’m wrong.

Enjoy the game. GPG!

Had the score right, but thought it would take the defense four quarters to give up 27 ... some of that is ST’s fault.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was so easy to see that call would "stand".

How? He was turned around, never once looked back at the ball and grabbed MVS before the ball got there. Without him directly tackling him how could it have been more obviously PI?

Because it's just not egregious enough to be "clear and obvious" evidence that the call on the field was so incredibly wrong. The standard to overturn the call on the field is such a high bar that the 50/50 stuff is going to just stand 99.9% of the time. I honestly feel adding "pass interference" to the list of things that can be challenged was asinine. Knee jerk reaction to one stupid instance last year.

Are you watching the same game as the rest of us? This isn't clear and obvious to you?

Are you watching the same game as the rest of us? This isn't clear and obvious to you?

It wasn't, I'm sorry. He rubbed his chest a milisecond before the ball, thrown to the inside, arrived. Didn't really knock him off his route, didn't grab his arms, didn't turn him. It's just not going to get overturned on that weak sauce. I don't have a problem if it was called on the field PI, probably could have been, but there was zero chance that subjective judgement was going to get overturned with that video.

It's obvious that turnovers are a big emphasis on this defense but it's coming at the expense of making tackles. Every 1 yard rush is turning into 5 because they spend 4 yards trying to strip the ball. Wrap up and make a tackle.

It wasn't, I'm sorry. He rubbed his chest a milisecond before the ball, thrown to the inside, arrived. Didn't really knock him off his route, didn't grab his arms, didn't turn him. It's just not going to get overturned on that weak sauce. I don't have a problem if it was called on the field PI, probably could have been, but there was zero chance that subjective judgement was going to get overturned with that video.

He shoved him away from the ball and kept him from getting his left arm at the ball.

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Rubbed his chest? I mean, what?

Archived