Brewer Fanatic

Game 4: Eagles @ Packers - Thursday, Sept 26 7:20pm

homer
  • Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That'll do it. Sometimes it doesn't bounce your way.

Well....3-1 though the first four games is much better than I expected. Damn it sucks though.

Offense gets going and the defense can't get it done.

I just don't understand why you're not throwing a fade on 2nd down when you have a WR'er with a 5 inch height advantage....

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Just run the flipping ball again in that spot! Same defensive front you just picked up 5 yards on and cox is out of the game.

Decisions and execution inside the 5 tonight were atrocious. Defense atrocious...at least they are still 3-1 and I'll stick with my overall feeling that you can't take much from a thursday night game - hope Adams' toe/foot is ok

He was there early. I just wish there was a better low-risk play down there.

Punch it in running the ball. Might need an O-Line who can maul and run block to do that.

The way the running game was going tonight, they were just as likely to lose 4 yards as they were to punch it in there.

He was there early. I just wish there was a better low-risk play down there.

Punch it in running the ball. Might need an O-Line who can maul and run block to do that.

The way the running game was going tonight, they were just as likely to lose 4 yards as they were to punch it in there.

Oh, yeah. For sure tonight. Just musing that this has been an issue for more than a few seasons.

I’m not going to get too down on this loss. When the schedule came out, I penciled in a ‘L’ for this game. The Eagles are good and the Packers could easily be 1-3. Now I just have to avoid sports radio for 10 days.

Goodnight, BF.

This team is still a playoff-caliber team. Not elite. But this team is still a much improved squad from last season.

Gave Eagles short field three times, couldn't stop the run, lost the turnover battle, and couldn't convert in the red zone.....and still were right there at the end.

Of all those things, the run game is absolutely the one thing I'm not sure they can fix.

They can certainly improve it. The DL just didn't play disciplined tonight.

You need to get Adams back and they need to eat up some blockers.

Hey, I'm sick about this loss, but big picture, I expected them to win ~4 of their first 9 games. With the Raiders and Lions it looks like that's about the worst case scenario.

A Thursday game is not a good indicator of where you are. Now if they come out vs Dallas and Adams(Montravius) is back and they keep getting gashed, that's going to be far more concerning.

But you have a secondary that's playing great, Clark played very poorly tonight, but I don't expect him to play this badly again this year. Pettine's gonna have to figure out what the hell he's doing when a team is just ramming it down your throat. You just can't play half the game with Will Redman playing in the box and then when he goes down move Tramon in there. Just throw Summers out there.

I’m not going to get too down on this loss. When the schedule came out, I penciled in a ‘L’ for this game. The Eagles are good and the Packers could easily be 1-3. Now I just have to avoid sports radio for 10 days.

Goodnight, BF.

3-1 in a vacuum isn't disappointing, but both that rushing offense and defense look legitimately bad.

Seems like we should have got a review but the NFL can't tolerate controversy anymore so didn't want it scrutinized I guess. Same old crap from the D, it showed up last week in the first half but now we saw it a whole game, still weak in the middle of the field and easy to trick. Oh well, Thursday game, can't read too much into it.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Gave Eagles short field three times, couldn't stop the run, lost the turnover battle, and couldn't convert in the red zone.....and still were right there at the end.

Of all those things, the run game is absolutely the one thing I'm not sure they can fix.

They can certainly improve it. The DL just didn't play disciplined tonight.

I dunno. It's third game in a row the D Line was dominated.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wayching it again, PI for sure. But Packers deserved to wear this one.

Yeah they really didn't deserve to win this one.

So....his opinion is wrong? You DO realize that's subjective, right?

I think he agrees with him?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Goodnight, BF.

3-1 in a vacuum isn't disappointing, but both that rushing offense and defense look legitimately bad.

It did. The Eagles are probably one of the top 3-4 OL's in the game. Of course Dallas is on that level next week.

And the Eagles have probably the best all around interior linemen not named Donald or Watt.

The Packers went up and down the field on this team. The defense played badly against a great OL. The offense played great against a beatup secondary.

It's just the NFL. The Eagles were one of the top 3 favorites in the NFC to go to the SB though behind only NO and LAR. So....we'll keep getting better.

That final pass was a perfect illustration of why the reviewable PI was an inane rule change. It would have been defensible if PI were called on the Eagles. Why didn’t the booth initiate a review? I think the Packers have a legitimate gripe. It’s such a subjective call — who or what level of contact determines if a review is conducted? Especially on the goal line in a 7 point game?

The coaches and executives that comprise the Competition Committee are just so short-sighted. They’d be better off if that dummy Goodell had just owned up to the error in the Saints game immediately and canned the referee and official response for the missed call. Instead, they’ve just created mess after mess as a result of the rule change.

Archived