Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Eye Black
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Adam Dunn had what's considered to be one of the five worst seasons of all time in 2011 when he hit 159 with an ops + 59. Hit 11hr and 46 rbi. Shaw is at 153 with 6hr 13 rbi ops+ 40. This is one of the worst seasons maybe the worst we have ever seen in modern baseball. How is this possible given the jump in offense league wide? It has to be mental. Given that how can you continue to play him?

I want him out there every night now. It’s entertaining

Adam Dunn had what's considered to be one of the five worst seasons of all time in 2011 when he hit 159 with an ops + 59. Hit 11hr and 46 rbi. Shaw is at 153 with 6hr 13 rbi ops+ 40. This is one of the worst seasons maybe the worst we have ever seen in modern baseball. How is this possible given the jump in offense league wide? It has to be mental. Given that how can you continue to play him?

With Moose and Hiura down, and Arcia away from the team, they literally have no other options. Zero. That's why he's playing.

With Moose and Hiura down, and Arcia away from the team, they literally have no other options. Zero. That's why he's playing.

Freitas?

Freitas?

As much fun as it would be to play a 30-year-old career minor league catcher at 3B, this isn't MLB The Show.

Still no word on Yelich.

Broken knee cap?

BA certainly made it sound cryptic. Until we hear otherwise, though, I'm going to assume its a bruise.

Radio said Stearns will have statement on Yelich after the game. If it was just a contusion it doesn’t seem like they’d wait until after the game

Still no word on Yelich.

Broken knee cap?

BA certainly made it sound cryptic. Until we hear otherwise, though, I'm going to assume its a bruise.

Radio said Stearns will have statement on Yelich after the game. If it was just a contusion it doesn’t seem like they’d wait until after the game

Hmmmmm. That doesn’t sound good

Still no word on Yelich.

Broken knee cap?

That doesn't sound good. Ugh.

Still no word on Yelich.

Broken knee cap?

If it were just a contusion, Stearns wouldn't be making the statement. I mean ... would he?

I understand that they may feel that way but if in an organization of over 200 players?? It is likely that any one of them would be better. Too bad the Jung ho Kang deal fell through. He would be better. At least on the field.

I understand that they may feel that way but if in an organization of over 200 players?? It is likely that any one of them would be better. Too bad the Jung ho Kang deal fell through. He would be better. At least on the field.

Pickings are pretty slim. It's arguable whether someone like Jake Hager or Nate Orf would be any better than Shaw. At least Shaw provides a solid glove at 3B.

Archived