Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Eye Black
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The number of pitchers is meaningless in the bullpen. They are going to use the best guys as often as possible when they lead. They are maxing the innings on their “good” arms in the pen. Not like we are going to use AAA fodder in the 5th and 6th to bridge the gap.

Anderson has thrown 64 pitches through 4. Yanking him only over works and already taxed pen. Anderson has also not pitched bad tonight. Starters are going to give up runs. It’s part of the game.

In August sure I agree but it's like a 50 man pen right now. With the hard contact he's giving up, the walks and his spot coming up there's no reason to keep him out there. He wasn't fooling anyone and benefited from facing a weak lineup.

I just think this pen runs out of gas if they keep down this road. They have solid pieces in there but only one horse. Would have liked to see another inning or two from Anderson tonight.

I guess the way I see it is, that is how we got to Game 7 of the NLCS last year, and it is the only way we would have made it. We had to use every arm at our disposal and commit to bullpenning and short starts.

The rotation this year is no better, we simply can't lean on these guys, we don't have a Sherzer or DeGrom. Maybe Woodruff if he were healthy would be that guy but he's hurt.

Now of course this is a much different and worse bullpen than last year too so it may not work...but I get the strategy.

Boy do I distrust Claudio on the mound. Glad to see him pulled.

Numbers say you should think otherwise.

It’s a personal experience bias. I’ve seen several poor outings from him, and not so many good ones. That’s all. I suppose that if I watched every game I might think otherwise.

Adam Dunn had what's considered to be one of the five worst seasons of all time in 2011 when he hit 159 with an ops + 59. Hit 11hr and 46 rbi. Shaw is at 153 with 6hr 13 rbi ops+ 40. This is one of the worst seasons maybe the worst we have ever seen in modern baseball. How is this possible given the jump in offense league wide? It has to be mental. Given that how can you continue to play him?

Archived