Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Eye Black
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this something that will affect Yelich for next season too?

Guess it depends. If they need to insert screws and wires into the bone fragments so they heal as one piece that’s much worse than a non-surgical fracture.

Either way I think it’s non-weight bearing on the leg for 6 to 8 weeks minimum which means no lifting, running or working out

This wouldn't be the end if Shaw Moose and Hiura were healthy and hitting much less Cain. Unfortunately they are not so I think that's the season. Unless Tyrone Taylor is flying under the radar as mini Mike Trout.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a team rallied and played above their heads to make up for a superstar going down. You see it more often in football ... but it has happened in baseball too.

The good news is they don't have to do it for 80-100 games they only have to play well for 20. They have something to rally around now and it can be done. Hiura and Moose need back now.

I dunno. We are probably done. It's just not our year.

I mean crazy things happen, it is baseball, but you're talking Hollywood level miracles at this point. It's just not very realistic. You need just about everything to go right. Bullpen turns back the clock to 2018, Braun turns back the clock to 2012, Hiura returns and him and Grisham rake the rest of the season.

I mean, we'll all keep cheering, that's all we can do. It's just quite a gut punch to finally go on a nice run, already be hanging by a thread on injuries and now unbelievably have this happen on top of it. The baseball Gods can piss right off.

Well what this does is basically make our lineup even with the marlins these next two games so we might be able to flip a coin and beat them

Going to St. Louis could be a disaster though. Cubs are going to have to lose some games this week. Padres and Pittsburgh. We could be four back by Sunday

My lineup tomorrow would be:

1) Grisham RF

2) Cain CF

3) Grandal C

4) Moustakas 3B

5) Braun LF

6) Thames 1B

7) Perez 2B

8) Spangenberg SS

After Hiura and Arcia return:

1) Grisham

2) Hiura

3) Grandal

4) Braun

5) Moustakas

6) Cain

7) Thames

8) Arcia

That's not terrible all things considered. Could score some runs.

Just watched the interview where Stearns breaks the news of the injury and the first question to him by a reporter:

"Just how devastating is this, David?"

:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Well sports journalists aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer

Yeah...and what are they supposed to say I guess, but goodness, at least come back with a "What can your team and players do to rally around each other and lift each other up right now?"

1) Grisham RF

2) Cain CF

3) Grandal C

4) Moustakas 3B

5) Braun LF

6) Thames 1B

7) Perez 2B

8) Spangenberg SS

1) Grisham

2) Hiura

3) Grandal

4) Braun

5) Moustakas

6) Cain

7) Thames

8) Arcia

Agree completely. And no, this isn’t a AAA team. There’s still a ton of talent here.

1) Grisham RF

2) Cain CF

3) Grandal C

4) Moustakas 3B

5) Braun LF

6) Thames 1B

7) Perez 2B

8) Spangenberg SS

1) Grisham

2) Hiura

3) Grandal

4) Braun

5) Moustakas

6) Cain

7) Thames

8) Arcia

I’m all in with Shaw at this point. I want to make the playoffs with Shaw as a regular. How ridiculous would that be

Plus I love the big moment and redemption posts every game. That dude must have had 3.5 billion turnaround this is the one........moments this year

The Shaw callup for hiura will live in brewer fan infamy. No matter the reason or excuse people will remember that

Is there anyone to bring up to add depth at this point?

Nah. I mean they already still have 5 OFs on the roster (Grisham, Cain, Braun, Gamel, Taylor) not counting Perez and Spangenberg who can play OF and Thames and Austin who can fake their way through it.

They still have plenty of bodies when they get Moose and Hiura back, they just need those two back every day.

Nah. I mean they already still have 5 OFs on the roster (Grisham, Cain, Braun, Gamel, Taylor) not counting Perez and Spangenberg who can play OF and Thames and Austin who can fake their way through it.

They still have plenty of bodies when they get Moose and Hiura back, they just need those two back every day.

Let’s get another pitcher up here.

Cards lose > 5 games from the division lead! That’s not over either.

That I can safely say is over. Barring a sweep this weekend. Which looks unlikely

I’m not listening to you people anymore. You already called it a season months ago.

Probably unwise to call out anyone else for bad hot takes.

Let’s get another pitcher up here.

Same deal really. Just need to get Woodruff healthy. Everyone who can help is already up. I guess they could bring up Supak but if he hasn't been brought up by now I'd guess he's already been shut down for the season.

Archived