Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-09: Brewers (Lyles) at Marlins (Dugger) [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does Kinley have reverse splits or something? Odd to bring in a righty for Thames and pinch hit a righty no?

They brought in Braun to PH against the lefty and then the Marlins brought in the righty.

So we used up Braun really early, and Thames is out of the game and we got nothing in return?

I'd have still went with Thames there and saved Braun for later in the game.

tinker-tinker-tinker

You can debate the decision, but with the bases loaded and one out it’s an opportunity for a big inning. At least it produced one run.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Does Kinley have reverse splits or something? Odd to bring in a righty for Thames and pinch hit a righty no?

They brought in Braun to PH against the lefty and then the Marlins brought in the righty.

So we used up Braun really early, and Thames is out of the game and we got nothing in return?

I'd have still went with Thames there and saved Braun for later in the game.

tinker-tinker-tinker

Going to be down Hader, Braun, and Thames as this team is either barely ahead or behind heading to the last three innings. Just not a good decision.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Me wonders if Arcia makes that play. Me thinks that he does. Hustle on back Orlando.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Mets beat DBacks and Phillies lose so a chance to pick up a game in some of the WC competition.

But who’s going to get 9 outs with no Hader, I assume.

This is where Nelson’s failure yesterday hurts.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Well, great job by Jackson. Now some combo of guys must get 9 outs.

Pomeranz has pitched the last two games, but only 12 pitches total, so he should be good to go. Guessing Guerra and Black the next two.

Claudio only 10 pitches yesterday, didn't pitch the game before, so he's probably in the mix too.

You can debate the decision, but with the bases loaded and one out it’s an opportunity for a big inning. At least it produced one run.

and Thames is not capable of adding to the big inning with bases loaded?

Did he or did he not just hit a mammoth HR against a lefty?

I just think there are times when you don't need to overthink the situation. It was early, and odds are, we would use Braun later anyway, now they are both out of the game.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived