Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-08: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Crew wins the season series vs. Cubs]

Eye Black
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brewers with the season series win over the Cubs, 10 wins and 9 losses.

One thing going in the Brewers favor is they would have the home field advantage in a possible play-in game versus the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies or Mets.

Edit: They won the season series versus the Nationals as well, but it would likely take a bit of Washington collapse to catch them.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

One thing going in the Brewers favor is they would have the home field advantage in a possible play-in game versus the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies, or Mets.

It's more fun to celebrate on other teams fields though.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The brewers did what they had to do. I figured we had to beat them five out of seven to stay alive and they did

Now they have to win every series the rest of the way with maybe a sweep somewhere

Need three our four against the Marlins. Then the brewers are back within a real shot

One thing going in the Brewers favor is they would have the home field advantage in a possible play-in game versus the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies or Mets.

Well, that is if you consider Miller Park the home field advantage vs the Cubs.

:(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yeah, the Marlins probably won't rollover. I expect nothing to be easy for the Brewers
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Turbo, I believe you are a great fan. But how like here, find a negative, just enjoy the moment!

Seemed pretty Brewer cheer heavy the last couple of days, honestly.

When the Brewers did something good, there were lots of cheers, but when the Cubs did something good, there were surely the same amount of cheers.

I'm not sure that by listening to crowd noise for this series, you could tell who was the home team and who was the visitors in comparison.

Not sure how anyone can watch a Cubs series at Miller Park and not realize that it isn't the typical home field advantage vs other teams. The Cubs fans really do take over Miller Park, not trying to stir up controversy, just stating facts.

When the Cubs did anything good, you could not tell they were on the road, the cheers were just as loud as when the Brewers did something good.

Facts is facts.

So, the Brewers get at least a few more days of “meaningful games in September”. The longer they can keep that going the better.

One of the fun things about this for me is that I’m not feeling the anxiety that I have when I think the Brewers should be making the playoffs but look like they might blow it. Remember 2008 when they had a 5 game lead for the wild card around Labor Day, then went through the swoon that led to Yost’s firing, and needed some choking by the Mets to get the spot.

I might also find out how I really feel about the second wild card spot. Since they first added the second WC spot I have always thought that getting that wouldn’t really feel like being in the playoffs unless you won the WC game. The team would be in and out of the playoffs in a day without even having a home playoff game. I know last year I wasn’t going to be satisfied until they clinched at least the first wild card spot. As it turned out they did that on the same day they clinched a playoff berth with the win over the Cardinals.

I’m still skeptical that this patchwork lineup and pitching staff can bring this home. But the Cubs are really leaking oil with some of their injuries and they have those 7 games with the Cardinals to deal with. If the Brewers can’t get the WC, the Cubs not getting it would be the next best thing.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived