Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-07: Cubs (Darvish) at Brewers (Gonzalez) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Walk-off win in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess I’m a little surprised by the meltdown of some fans. This team is just not in a position roster wise to make a run. They’ve been on fumes for awhile now.

I agree completely, but the math is the math. If you are playing to have the best chance at the playoffs, Hader is the only move in the 8th, right? I mean, I am open to a good argument that it's not, but I am having a hard time finding one myself.

Maybe we put a 7'run inning, and it's moot. Hope so.

Pomeranz SO/9 is over 14 as a Brewer. Counsell probably should have went with Hader but it’s not like Hader has been 2018-Hader. Counsell has his hands tied everywhere with this roster.

He's a nice strikeout pitcher, but for his career he's at a much more modest 9 per 9.

I mean Pomeranz is definitely not Hader and I know you're not saying he is. Hader has had his rough points this season but most were in July and he does seem to be back to his normal self.

I guess I’m a little surprised by the meltdown of some fans. This team is just not in a position roster wise to make a run. They’ve been on fumes for awhile now.

I agree completely, but the math is the math. If you are playing to have the best chance at the playoffs, Hader is the only move in the 8th, right? I mean, I am open to a good argument that it's not, but I am having a hard time finding one myself.

Maybe we put a 7'run inning, and it's moot. Hope so.

The idea was to save Hader for the 9th so he will be available tomorrow which is also a must win for the Brewers. If this was the plan I don't see why they wouldn't have brought him in after Guerra got into trouble. It was really one batter to late when they did finally bring him in.

If they can score 5 or more this inning than Hader should be available tomorrow but if he has to pitch the 9th I don't see him being available tomorrow. The Brewers need to win today and tomorrow so I understand why they started the inning with Guerra but I just don't understand why they didn't go straight to Hader once Guerra walked the first batter.

I don't think people are melting down. Just would like to treat today and tomorrow as must win games, because they are. These are, in essence, playoff games for us.

Regardless of outcome we still probably won't make it but these 2 games have to be treated differently.

And you still need other pitchers not named Hader to do their jobs. It happened a season ago as much as people want to just remember Hader.

We don't have those pitchers from a season ago. Corey Knebel is not here. Corbin Burnes is not here, Brandon Woodruff is not here. Jeremy Jeffress is not here, Joakim Soria is not here. Yes you're still going to have to have to get other guys to perform as Freddy did tonight. But for today and tomorrow you have to do everything possible to maximize your chance of winning.

Archived