Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-07: Cubs (Darvish) at Brewers (Gonzalez) [Brewers win, 3-2 -- Walk-off win in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I understand not wanting to use Hader in a tie in May. June. July. But if you're not going to use him here on three days rest, I don't get it.

I k ow we probably need a win tomorrow too, but this is probably the highest leverage inning of the year. I want my best guy out there.

Agree with this, I like Pomeranz, but he’s not Hader. We need K’s.

I understand not wanting to use Hader in a tie in May. June. July. But if you're not going to use him here on three days rest, I don't get it.

I k ow we probably need a win tomorrow too, but this is probably the highest leverage inning of the year. I want my best guy out there.

He needed to be in the game. Period. It was a no brainer.

Freitas is a below average defensive C, with a bad pop time, and Counsell is not gonna C him, but he’s a real good hitter. You haven’t seen that YET. Not exactly easy to get in back in a rhythm with 1 AB a game. He’ll get some big pinch hits this month.

With those mechanics..... Not going to happen.

Archived