Brewer Fanatic

Has anyone lost confidence in Stearns

brewers888
I’ve been told by the mods not to keep posting the brewer franchise payroll and $ opinions, so all I will say is thank you. I stand behind my words.

You don't have to post about any payrolls or any dollar figure for that matter. Just admit that you went off the rails about our owner and have since come back to earth on it. All posters are wrong around here on things but you have made your name mud because of how you handle being wrong. Amazed that you don't see that yet.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ve been told by the mods not to keep posting the brewer franchise payroll and $ opinions, so all I will say is thank you. I stand behind my words.

You don't have to post about any payrolls or any dollar figure for that matter. Just admit that you went off the rails about our owner and have since come back to earth on it. All posters are wrong around here on things but you have made your name mud because of how you handle being wrong. Amazed that you don't see that yet.

I’ve admitted I’ve been wrong about many things. I won’t say I’m wrong if I don’t believe I am. And imo, im not, with regards to payroll. The net isn’t there, so only can guesstimate based on the gross numbers, which have been found, then compare to other teams, and one can learn a lot. I stand behind my words.

It's all water under the bridge at this point. Miller Park with countless luxury suites generates far more revenue for the owner than was possible at County Stadium. While it is true that some of that increased revenue flows into payroll, a substantial portion of that increased revenue flowed into Selig's pocket as well. So I don't really buy the narrative he's some altruistic fella obsessed with pro baseball being in Milwaukee.

I will give him credit that his strong arm tactics as Commissioner played a role in new stadiums being built for teams: TEX, CLE, COL, AZ, SEA, SF, HOU, DET, PIT, MIL, CIN, PHI, SD, StL, WAS, NY AL, NY NL, MIN and MIA, mostly with tax payer funding.

In 1969-70 owning a mlb team was not a profitable business to own, so why did he work so hard to get a team back in MKE?

If he hadn’t bought the Seattle pilots in bankruptcy court and moved them here, do you really think we would have a baseball team here now?

Ok, “Strong Arm”, your description, not mine, but what does it matter, he not only saved the brewers, but all the small markets. HE and HE alone, convinced the Steinbrenner‘s and the o’Malley’s to share their revenue. That’s why attanasio‘s brewers are worth 1.25+ billion, REVENUE SHARING.

For people to claim he created the brewers for reasons other than:

He wanted a baseball team In MKE to love and cheer for, just like we do now.

How would you feel if you woke up tomorrow and read that attanasio just sold the Brewers to a fella in Atlanta and he was moving the team there?

Simple love of ones team.

You literally just said you didn't bash the owner. Guy points out just a few examples of you bashing the owner, which you've done tons of. So which words do you stand by as you seem to change views every time the wind blows.

Read the words carefully. What you call “bashing the owner”, I call pointing out the truth. It’s as simple as the following:

Just about everybody on this site thinks Attanasio pushed the envelope to get the payroll to 127 million this year, can’t go much higher if at all, with-out losing $. Imo, it’s not true. Simple. But of course I get blasted. Which I understand. Won’t talk about it anymore, it’s all there to see.

Another issue has been this ridiculous over reliance on left handed bats. It has been obvious for quite a while that we don’t have a balanced lineup when facing lefties and almost every game we are using lefty pinch hitters against lefty relievers when we need a big hit. How can Stearns not see that we need more righty bats.

Here's something you and others may find interesting. In 2019, of the 15 NL teams, the Pirates, Reds and Cardinals are 13th, 14th and 15th in number of starts made by a left handed pitcher, respectively. The Cardinals are by far the lowest with only two (!) starts. The Reds have had only seven starts. The Pirates and Brewers are actually tied with only 16 starts.

Unsurprisingly, the NL Central has the fewest number of starts by a LHP (120), followed by the NL East (164) and then the West (285).

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I think this thread has run it's course and is now very much off course.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived