Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-06: Cubs (Hamels) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 7-1]

Eye Black

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those wondering, a little birdie told me Pina's "head discomfort" was him feeling dizzy/nauteous...felt like he was going to hurl.

Sounds like a concussion break will be needed.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Why on earth do we have to be staring a bum like Tyler Austin at 1B?

I just hate how this roster shakes out, and even more so, the way our manager uses it.

Hopefully the Gods are watching, and Austin hits a dinger tonight based on my comment above.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Five straight quality AA hitters in our lineup and a slumping starting pitcher to go with that bullpen... I guess at least the pressure should be off with the packers having a defense? I know I'm at least enjoying games now without expectations.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Five straight quality AA hitters in our lineup and a slumping starting pitcher to go with that bullpen... I guess at least the pressure should be off with the packers having a defense? I know I'm at least enjoying games now without expectations.

I don’t think anyone would argue that if a team had to play the whole season with this lineup and the Brewers pitching they would lose over 100 games.

In one game anything can happen, but this is a crappy lineup going against a quality pitcher. The Cubs have to be solid favorites.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This isn't a current thing with Cain, he's been doing it the past 2 seasons. Anytime he has to put out effort, he always comes up hobbled looking, like he is hurt.

Is he looking for sympathy? Does he want everyone to think he is a tough guy, constantly playing through pain?

It seems like a big act to me.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm totally on board with going with electronic strike zones, but the fox pitch trax or whatever they use is not entirely always accurate, and it just adds fuel to a fan outrage fire unnecessarily at times. That strike 3 to Austin got the zone on replay, but the pitch trax showed it outside the zone.

With a lefty on the mound and Pina out, it was a perfect opportunity tonight to give Freitas 4 or 5 ABs tonight and stick with Grandal at 1st and see what happens.

Instead, Counsell went with a bum like Tyler Austin.

I've been pretty disappointed with CC all year. Not just his bullpen management, that isn't all his fault, but he takes some of the blame there, but just how he plugs in a line-up.

You are right, this was the perfect time to get Superman a few at bats, but nope, let's play Austin, a guy with no possible future in Milwaukee.

I just don't get it.

With a lefty on the mound and Pina out, it was a perfect opportunity tonight to give Freitas 4 or 5 ABs tonight and stick with Grandal at 1st and see what happens.

If Austin had to be plugged in the lineup, he should have been hitting 7th or 8th.

I'm totally on board with going with electronic strike zones, but the fox pitch trax or whatever they use is not entirely always accurate, and it just adds fuel to a fan outrage fire unnecessarily at times. That strike 3 to Austin got the zone on replay, but the pitch trax showed it outside the zone.

I was no joke just thinking out loud to my wife wondering how accurate the strike zone box was. There's already been a few that were just out called strikes

100% agree. If the average fan bases his total opinion on that little box, it is easy to understand why people get so fired up.

That little box does not account for the entire pitch location.

I was no joke just thinking out loud to my wife wondering how accurate the strike zone box was. There's already been a few that were just out called strikes

I just think that we're looking at that box and going "What a garbage call that wasn't a strike" and then when they show the replays without the box... things look different. I'm not sold that the box the broadcasts use is 100% accurate. I think it's a neat thing but the outrage it makes sometimes isn't always justified.

If Austin had to be plugged in the lineup, he should have been hitting 7th or 8th.

I agree with this as well...

But just look at our 5-8 tonight! lol

I agree with this as well...

But just look at our 5-8 tonight! lol

What are you talking about? Spangenberg is a weapon!

Cain is one of those guys who seems to like playing opossum. Looks like it’s hurting him just to get up after sliding into a base, but then turns it on when he has to. But now they have said his “bruised” knee is more than bruised. So, it looks like once the Brewers are ready to completely concede that they aren’t going to the playoffs, Cain will be shut down and get some procedure in his knee. In the meantime he’ll probably only be starting against lefties.

Archived