Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 10-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers needed Ace Chanderson tonight ... not Kinda Okderson. His short start left Counsell surfing the pen for too much of the game, and it has burned them again.

He gave up 2 runs in 4 innings.

Since then they've given up 7 runs in 2 innings.

Yeah boooo Anderson.

Anderson wasn't the problem tonight and he didn't pull himself. This is on Counsell.

Anderson was a part of the problem. Two runs over four innings isn't good. At some point a reliever is going to have to pitch in situations that are not perfectly tailored to that pitchers strengths. It happens all the time. It's not CC's fault he is saddled with a bunch of pitchers that lack the ability to execute in those situations.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I don’t think we have to worry about too many pitchers returning to the pen or rotation next year. Endless opportunities!

Limitless possibilities. At one point I was told we had the best 40 man depth in the NL and it wasn't even close.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

I guess I'm not sure what yours is, either. Just because I don't think they are going to make the playoffs doesn't mean I think it's impossible or that I am not still hoping for a great run.

I hope we sweep the Cubs and BrewCrew92 is right about everything. I still want that to happen, regardless of what I anticipate.

This is pretty much where I’ve been since about the All Star break. It was pretty apparent by then that the things that had to click for the Brewers, both hitting and pitching, weren’t likely to happen.

I still watch and hope for something to turn around, but the signs just never came. I can tell when I’ve entered the resignation phase because my heart doesn’t pound as much at the end of close games and I don’t get as mad when they lose tough ones.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

It wasn't perfect, but if this is the Nelson we're going to get going into next year, I'd say he'll be back. Gave up some stuff, but overall effective.

Good to finally see him pitch. Velo down that second inning of work, so maybe another 1 inning pen arm, the rest of this year.

Tonight is a close battle between MLB and NFL to see which is more boring...pass interference video replay vs. 15-man bullpen home run derby.

Have we become too neurotic about sports? Are sports less fun now? Sometimes I think so.

Some of my enjoying baseball less this year is surely the result of the Brewers being less good, but I am getting 3TO fatigue. Just not my favorite version of the game. Between that and endless pitching changes and 4-hour games happening regularly...well, I hope they fix the ball and commit to the pitch clock. And we make an effort to reform the lineup Houston style.

This just in Orlando Arcia made an out.

Bad decision to not upgrade SS at the deadline.

Yeah, replacing Arcia with Freddy Galvis's .694 OPS (with the Reds) wouldn't have done a dang thing. But keep up your unresearched hot takes!

Still an upgrade, if only slightly. But just to not have to watch Arcia hit again, now that would be really cool.

Archived