Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-05: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 10-5]

Eye Black
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It might be possible that a guy who cleared waivers like 2 months ago isn't really this great reliever that everyone suddenly thinks.

I think the teams prognosticator has certified him as "good" so this is probably just a blip.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Fat lady is getting close to warming up if we don't find a way to come back and win, boys. Already in a position where winning 3 of 4 is a must and starting it with a loss puts us at pretty long odds.

You've been saying they are done for more than two weeks. Can't really be a fence sitter anymore.

As far as I am concerned Jay Jackson and his 5.09 ERA can go the way of Jeffress or Chacin any day now...

He's perfectly fine as a mop up man. Not his fault that he was put into the biggest game of the season in a tie game. Counsell has been throwing darts at the wall all season.

Fat lady is getting close to warming up if we don't find a way to come back and win, boys. Already in a position where winning 3 of 4 is a must and starting it with a loss puts us at pretty long odds.

You've been saying they are done for more than two weeks. Can't really be a fence sitter anymore.

What's your point? They're no closer than they were 2 weeks ago. I don't think they are going to make the playoffs, no. I think every simulator available would agree on that. But I was on record that winning 3 of 4 against the Cubs would at least give them a chance. So what was wrong with what I said? Can I not think they are going to make it while still rooting for it to happen and evaluating how they could change their outlook?

What's your point? They're no closer than they were 2 weeks ago. I don't think they are going to make the playoffs, no. I think every simulator available would agree on that. But I was on record that winning 3 of 4 against the Cubs would at least give them a chance. So what was wrong with what I said?

I guess I'm just wondering what it accomplishes? You've made your stance that this team isn't making the playoffs plainly clear over the last few weeks. Are you trying to get those with more hope than that to agree? Otherwise I don't see the point. I mean, if you've given up, give up.

I guess I'm not sure what yours is, either. Just because I don't think they are going to make the playoffs doesn't mean I think it's impossible or that I am not still hoping for a great run.

I hope we sweep the Cubs and BrewCrew92 is right about everything. I still want that to happen, regardless of what I anticipate.

Archived