Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-03: Astros (Greinke) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers win, 4-2]

Eye Black
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Perhaps our GM might know what he's going (i.e. Pomeranz and Black)

Dubon has been starting every day for the Giants and, while obviously very small sample, performing quite well for the Giants as their starting 2B. Given that I don't think we're going to make the playoffs anyway, I'd still rather have kept Dubon. Obviously if we do make the playoffs and Pomeranz ends up being a huge part of it I'll be proven wrong on that.

Dubon has been starting every day for the Giants and, while obviously very small sample, performing quite well for the Giants as their starting 2B. Given that I don't think we're going to make the playoffs anyway, I'd still rather have kept Dubon. Obviously if we do make the playoffs and Pomeranz ends up being a huge part of it I'll be proven wrong on that.

Ray Black is likely a solid pen piece as well for the rest of this year and moving forward. That is not to be discounted.

I am pulling for Dubon. It would have been fun to see him get more of a shot with the Brewers. But I think they did decent in that deal.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Astros haven't intentionally walked anyone all season, per Tom H.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ray Black is likely a solid pen piece as well for the rest of this year and moving forward. That is not to be discounted.

I am pulling for Dubon. It would have been fun to see him get more of a shot with the Brewers. But I think they did decent in that deal.

I doubt Black even cracks the opening day roster next year which would likely mean he's gone because he's out of options. But again, time will tell.

I doubt Black even cracks the opening day roster next year which would likely mean he's gone because he's out of options. But again, time will tell.

That could happen. I think I'd take the bet that he makes it, though. Brewers love their power relievers.

Stearns isn’t cutting him loose, unless he’s a disaster of epic proportions.

That could happen. I think I'd take the bet that he makes it, though. Brewers love their power relievers.

Stearns isn’t cutting him loose, unless he’s a disaster of epic proportions.

That's my thought as well. Sucks he doesn't have any options, but a cheap reliever you control for 5 years and can hit triple digits with his fastball is pretty valuable.

Agree......don't think they traded Dubon for a guy they didn't plan on keeping to go with Pomeranz.

Time will tell

It would be nice to bring back Pomeranz doesn't seem likely but you never know

Agree......don't think they traded Dubon for a guy they didn't plan on keeping to go with Pomeranz.

Time will tell

It would be nice to bring back Pomeranz doesn't seem likely but you never know

Pomeranz is making himself some money this offseason as a multi-inning power lefty reliever. He's been impressive. I doubt anyone looks at him as a starter anymore after the drastic splits he's put up.

Archived