Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-02: Astros (Cole) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Use your words Yelich. Call him the magic words and be done with your day.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It's unbelievable that Counsell could let his star player get robbed twice by a rookie and not go out.

Yeah I agree. And we should all be in full agreement now that these incompetent idiots should be replaced by machines.

If Yelich had just struck out swinging this game wouldn’t make me mad. But, as a fan I feel that we were robbed of a chance to see a great player decide the game instead of a crappy umpire.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This ump was bad all game. Early in the game he kept missing strikes all over the zone, calling them balls. Later in the game he started calling ridiculous high strikes.

Yes, that ump from Racine was terrible but how many times did we swing at high pitches outside the strike zone? We just strike out too damn much.

I absolutely hate it when we are on national TV. We almost always lose. :tongue

Use your words Yelich. Call him the magic words and be done with your day.

Decided to keep the game check, knowing with Perez up the game was going to be over in 30 seconds anyway.

When Perez walked up to the plate with 2 outs I knew the game was over. :(

If Yelich had just struck out swinging this game wouldn’t make me mad. But, as a fan I feel that we were robbed of a chance to see a great player decide the game instead of a crappy umpire.

But you don’t get to that spot without swinging at two balls in the dirt. Yelich is partly culpable

How about those Shaw and Perez at bats with runners on second. That was something special that you might see in a little league game with the one player on the team that would rather be at home playing with Star Wars figures but his parents forced him to play

I’m pretty unimpressed by managers getting into screaming matches with umpires. It’s entertaining, but if these guys (umps) are as egotistical and sensitive as many of them seem, you’re likely hurting yourself in the long run by going after them too hard. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held a grudge and you might not get a decent call next time when you need it. The chest-to-chest yelling match is going the way of beanball wars, and I’m cool with that. Managers should endeavor to stay in games, unless a star is about to get tossed, then I’m ok with a manager taking that bullet, if he can.

But you don’t get to that spot without swinging at two balls in the dirt. Yelich is partly culpable

How about those Shaw and Perez at bats with runners on second. That was something special that you might see in a little league game with the one player on the team that would rather be at home playing with Star Wars figures but his parents forced him to play

Nice try, to go and try to blame Yelich for that Abysmal call is so telling of your real intentions. Are you really a brewers fan? Seriously?

I could go either way on if CC should go yell at the ump. It is incredibly frustrating to see the ump do it twice in a game. Those pitches were not even really borderline. Sure yelich shouldn't have swung at bad pitches but that doesn't change anything about the fact that those calls were terrible and could have changed the outcome of the game. I don't know the solution. Not sure if it is computerized zones but I am coming around

Nice try, to go and try to blame Yelich for that Abysmal call is so telling of your real intentions. Are you really a brewers fan? Seriously?

No.

I’m pretty unimpressed by managers getting into screaming matches with umpires. It’s entertaining, but if these guys (umps) are as egotistical and sensitive as many of them seem, you’re likely hurting yourself in the long run by going after them too hard. I wouldn’t be surprised if they held a grudge and you might not get a decent call next time when you need it. The chest-to-chest yelling match is going the way of beanball wars, and I’m cool with that. Managers should endeavor to stay in games, unless a star is about to get tossed, then I’m ok with a manager taking that bullet, if he can.

Agreed 100%. I look at umpires as being elephants. Really bad eyesight, really good memories. One would hope that umpires would be professional, and call balls and strikes based on where the ball arrives relative to the strike zone. But umpires are human, and as we've all seen, prone to blowing calls. I wouldn't put it past one of them to allow their egos to enter into the equation. And we've got enough going against us as it is. We don't want to tick off an umpire, and have it come back to bite us in the butt at some inopportune point in the future.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

A Computerized zone, with ump present, will give a vibration signal to home plate ump if ball or strike. This has to be what is next. No ump at home can't be an alternative, since that base still technically needs to be called with plays at the plate. Once this is in place, it'll be like replay.... here to stay. Didn't a summer league independent league try this?

I could go either way on if CC should go yell at the ump. It is incredibly frustrating to see the ump do it twice in a game. Those pitches were not even really borderline. Sure yelich shouldn't have swung at bad pitches but that doesn't change anything about the fact that those calls were terrible and could have changed the outcome of the game. I don't know the solution. Not sure if it is computerized zones but I am coming around

The solution? Use pitch tracks for balls and strikes or don't show us the damn box... :(

Archived