Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-02: Astros (Cole) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If there's a guy that needs a "change of scenery" trade, it's Shaw. I know it would be the very epitome of selling low, but he's completely lost.

Agreed. He’s too good of talent to be doing what he is doing. He is mentally gone right now. It’s the only thing that makes any sense.

As a Brewer fan, if you actually gave something up, anything up in the offseason for a guy that was coming off a sub .170 year at the plate, think about what your reaction would be. Then, when you're feeling that level of angst about a move that Stearns would never make, understand that the Brewers aren't getting anything for Shaw.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If there's a guy that needs a "change of scenery" trade, it's Shaw. I know it would be the very epitome of selling low, but he's completely lost.

Agreed. He’s too good of talent to be doing what he is doing. He is mentally gone right now. It’s the only thing that makes any sense.

As a Brewer fan, if you actually gave something up, anything up in the offseason for a guy that was coming off a sub .170 year at the plate, think about what your reaction would be. Then, when you're feeling that level of angst about a move that Stearns would never make, understand that the Brewers aren't getting anything for Shaw.

I don't expect them to. I wouldn't be shocked or upset if they traded him for a low level lottery ticket and he turned it around and became a solid player again. He's just completely lost up there. his at bats are sad. He's overmatched.

I’m not even mad right now. Houston is a great team. The bottom line is that you shouldn’t have to count on winning every game down the stretch, especially against teams like this. If the Brewers could have just taken care of business against the cupcake teams, this would just be another (likely) loss, but a forgettable and survivable one. The season was sown in the summer when all anyone in the central was doing was treading water, and now we have the reaping.

Lottery ticket or two would be just fine.

I’m not even mad right now. Houston is a great team. The bottom line is that you shouldn’t have to count on winning every game down the stretch, especially against teams like this. If the Brewers could have just taken care of business against the cupcake teams, this would just be another (likely) loss, but a forgettable and survivable one. The season was sown in the summer when all anyone in the central was doing was treading water, and now we have the reaping.

Excellent, very well done. This team has barely had a pulse since mid May.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Excellent, very well done. This team has barely had a pulse since mid May.

Great point.

Perez - Grisham - Grandal

Someone get on base so we at least have a swing at it with Yelich.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Doesn't reaping qualify as off topic? Oh nevermind, I read it as "raping"

2 runs in 5 IP for the bullpen should qualify as a bright spot....

Archived