Brewer Fanatic

Jeffress released

torts
jeremy jeffress has officially been granted his release. had another team claimed him, they would have been stuck with the club option set by the brewers after the conclusion of this season. now, any club can freely negotiate with jeffress.

With their relationship would it really be all that surprising if MKE worked something out for him now that would essentially be for next year and leave him shut down this year? I assume that would be legal. To me he'd still be a great bounceback option but I get not paying that option.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who could of predicted JJ being DFA'd last year at this time??!!!!

Definitely not agent39, who scoffed at the mere suggestion of signing him to a 3-yr deal for $12 million. I believe he said he would be laughing at it.

He's still being super over-confident on social media. Makes it seem like he has all the MLB offers he wants...and just needs to pick the one he likes best.

I would love to see JJ latch on somewhere and have continued success. I'll be rooting for him so long as he plays for all but 1 MLB team.

Wahl is intriguing and all but I would call him more of a long shot than a shoo in for 2020 opening day roster. But a bunch of those listed I’d also I doubt the likelihood they start 2020 in our pen. Plenty of room for JJ if the off-season treats him well and they want him back. I hope it happens.

Who don't you think will make the 2020 pen? I think Pomeranz is very likely to go along with Hader. If the don't re-sign Pomeranz the Claudion will be the other lefty. Suter and one of the starters will be the long men. IF Knebel comes back healthy and throwing well he's in. Jackson has been terrific since he returned and is a low cost option. Black has shown promise and they can't send him down w/o losing him. I agree Faria is a long shot, so is Burnes. D. Williams, Peralta, and Wahl. I see at least 10 better options than JJ next year, unless he regains his fastball and splitter and comes a whole lot cheaper.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Definitely not agent39, who scoffed at the mere suggestion of signing him to a 3-yr deal for $12 million. I believe he said he would be laughing at it.

He's still being super over-confident on social media. Makes it seem like he has all the MLB offers he wants...and just needs to pick the one he likes best.

I would love to see JJ latch on somewhere and have continued success. I'll be rooting for him so long as he plays for all but 1 MLB team.

If an agent isn't confidently boosting up his guy he's not doing his job. I'd also guess (this is just me guessing) based on what we know about JJ, that he's at a point in his life and career that if his choice is to not play, or take a MiLB deal, he might just choose to not play. Again, I'm saying that in pure speculation.

Jeffress isn't going to have any trouble getting a major league deal whether it be this year or next. His track record and stuff when he's on is too good not to.

For age and market he's probably a good comp to Sam Dyson. (If both were FAs).

It would be one thing if he completely fell off a cliff this year but that's not the case. His FIP, K/9 and WHIP this year are still well within range of his career norms.

Most relievers are extremely volatile, just look at Edwin Diaz this year. JJ is a pretty good bounceback candidate for 2020.

Careful, he may block you on Twitter if he sees this post.

Wahl is intriguing and all but I would call him more of a long shot than a shoo in for 2020 opening day roster. But a bunch of those listed I’d also I doubt the likelihood they start 2020 in our pen. Plenty of room for JJ if the off-season treats him well and they want him back. I hope it happens.

Who don't you think will make the 2020 pen? I think Pomeranz is very likely to go along with Hader. If the don't re-sign Pomeranz the Claudion will be the other lefty. Suter and one of the starters will be the long men. IF Knebel comes back healthy and throwing well he's in. Jackson has been terrific since he returned and is a low cost option. Black has shown promise and they can't send him down w/o losing him. I agree Faria is a long shot, so is Burnes. D. Williams, Peralta, and Wahl. I see at least 10 better options than JJ next year, unless he regains his fastball and splitter and comes a whole lot cheaper.

Well to start off with, Pomeranz, Lyles, and Albers are free agents after the season. No telling at this point if a single one of them will be back. Houser and Anderson I see as rotation, not bullpen. I could see Nelson being non-tendered if they don't think he's viable anymore, since he'll cost minimum $3.7 mil. It would make me sad but it wouldn't surprise me. Faria might not be good enough to be kept. Wahl hasn't pitched in a year, and he's got 13 MLB innings and the results in that small sample were bad. Maybe he'll come into ST and rock but I'm not counting on it. Knebel, he might take a while to get his curveball back in AAA coming of TJ you never know. He's not much use without his curve working. Like I say, there's plenty of room for JJ if the price and his arm are both right.

It’s already been widely rumored he has gotten MLB offer interest from multiple teams. I don’t think his agent is being overly confident. That’s just how it is.

With all the horrible pitchers who get MLB deals to pitch in the bullpen he should probably retire as an agent if he can’t manage an MLB deal for JJ. One bad year is not going to make him MiLB fodder.

The Brewer arson squad reared it's ugly head once again tonight. Horrible time for Jackson-Albers-Pomeranz to turn to crap. It seems that the bullpen is either great or ugly. Another loss to the cubs and you can kiss the season good-bye. Great DP by Arcia and Spangenberg. Nelson 2 hits, WP, but a scoreless inning was good to see. I'm still not sure what Stearns' plans for Nelson.

• 2 months later...

Archived