Brewer Fanatic

2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]

Eye Black
  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is that Hader was already ramped up throwing so they don’t want to sit him down. They might have seen it as he was already lost for tomorrow’s game.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Happ’s temper tantrum there after striking out was a cherry on top of this game. The ball didnt touch you, dude.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So Hader threw under 30 pitches combined the last two games. We will seee ya Tuesday when we are headed for a 2-game sweep!

Only 13 pitches....nicely done Josh.........much maligned bullpen sure did the job today.

If you look at the pitchers currently on the roster, the Brewers relief pitchers were tied for 5th entering today with a 3.49 ERA (13th for FIP, 6th xFIP). That does include the relief innings thrown by Houser which is helping those numbers, but also the relief innings thrown by Anderson which is hurting them. Anyway, point is that the Brewers have used a lot of relief pitchers who have given up a lot of runs, but that the current group has been pretty good.

Only 13 pitches....nicely done Josh.........much maligned bullpen sure did the job today.

If you look at the pitchers currently on the roster, the Brewers relief pitchers were tied for 5th entering today with a 3.49 ERA (13th for FIP, 6th xFIP). That does include the relief innings thrown by Houser which is helping those numbers, but also the relief innings thrown by Anderson which is hurting them. Anyway, point is that the Brewers have used a lot of relief pitchers who have given up a lot of runs, but that the current group has been pretty good.

And about to get better imo. Guerra Hader Claudio Pomeranz Jackson Nelson and Peralta are all pitching as good right now as they have all year, albeit Nelson Peralta in AAA. Then Suter can start and give us 60-70 pitches and or pitch long relief. If Houser is ok, this team can win with pitching.

It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.

The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.

It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.

The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.

I want to know what you're smoking. They've "beefed up their pitching staff"? LOL. The only guy I'm expecting to see good things from is Woodruff. Nelson didn't show anything that made me believe he could still be a Major League pitcher again. I hope I'm wrong, but you're seriously overvaluing the arms coming up to Milwaukee.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I want to know what you're smoking. They've "beefed up their pitching staff"? LOL. The only guy I'm expecting to see good things from is Woodruff. Nelson didn't show anything that made me believe he could still be a Major League pitcher again. I hope I'm wrong, but you're seriously overvaluing the arms coming up to Milwaukee.

It’s more Guerra Hader Pomeranz Claudio Jackson pitching as well or better than they have all year, then adding 3-4 MPH from Nelson with a months worth of good outings in AAA, and Peralta regaining his control, adding it all up > really good bullpen. Not to mention Suter not giving up a run in a months worth of pitching in his just completed rehab.

*sigh*

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Say what you want about Shaw's offense......and its well deserved......but that guy is solid as rock at 3rd......nice turn by Spangenberg too

Yes, Shaw is great over there but it is a real head scratcher what happened to him offensively this year. :(

Archived