Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Eye Black
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

This is not why you are mocked around here and you know it. :laughing

Actually, I don’t mind, most of the snide comments and such are done out of ignorance, and will continue by those that do not know.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

Actually, I don’t mind, most of the snide comments and such are done out of ignorance, and will continue by those that do not know.

Here’s a great example of why. :laughing

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

This comes off as super arrogant and condescending especially given the enormous multitude of things you've been wrong about.

Except the offense isn't terrible. It isn't what we had hoped for but it isn't terrible. Our pitching on the other hand is terribe and you have defended that pitching well into the second half of the season. Stating the truth is most definitely not why you get "mocked" around here.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Could we experience any more bad luck this inning?

Umpire just answers your question.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Except the offense isn't terrible. It isn't what we had hoped for but it isn't terrible. Our pitching on the other hand is terribe and you have defended that pitching well into the second half of the season. Stating the truth is most definitely not why you get "mocked" around here.

See, “But the brewers offense isn’t terrible” is ridiculous, it’s the worst offense with RISP in the League. Outside of hitting home runs they don’t score. Their offense is soooooooo bad vs Lefties it’s become a recurring joke. Come on now.

The cubs have quite a few very good-but not great hitters. They all have tremendous weaknesses but can pummel average to poor pitching. On paper, we were pretty much on the same level to begin the season. Saying we weren't is being less informed than the ESPN people.

On another note, why is every thread devoted to stupidity now? I think BC92 is uniting even the "you can't say that" and the "you can't tell me I can't say that" arguments of earlier in the season. Maybe BC92 is the hero we deserve..but not the one we need right now.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

See, “But the brewers offense isn’t terrible” is ridiculous, it’s the worst offense with RISP in the League. Outside of hitting home runs they don’t score. Their offense is soooooooo bad vs Lefties it’s become a recurring joke. Come on now.

I don't think you understand what "ridiculous" means. If you did you would understand the massive level of irony in you using that word. They may be bad with RISP but that doesn't make the offense bad in totality. You're just wrong.

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't talk up how generational talents like Yelich and Hiura and Grisham are and then say the offense sucks.

Yes I can. There not mutually exclusive. 3 good hitters doesn’t make an offense good, obviously, since it’s not good with all 3 in it.

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't talk up how generational talents like Yelich and Hiura and Grisham are and then say the offense sucks.

Yes I can. There not mutually exclusive. 3 good hitters doesn’t make an offense good, obviously, since it’s not good with all 3 in it.

Of course you can. You're entitled to your opinion.......even if it's wrong.

Perez should have been bunting and BC92 is a straight up bozo that should’ve been dealt with long, long ago.

The top of the 7th inning is in a nutshell why this team is so frustrating offensively. Leadoff double all you need is a ground ball to the right side and a base hit or a sac fly and we score. But, you can see by the approach that we don't even try to do that. Two strikeouts and a weak pop out to first. So frustratingly inefficient!!!!

Braun is also pretty good, and Moose and Grandal are All-Star level hitters, and even Thames has a strong .860 OPS. The only two weak offensive spots that are below average are SS and CF. What the heck are you talking about?

You always throw 100 different predictions at the wall and then beat your chest when one of them ends up being right.

The offense is outpacing last years (yes, loaded ball) but the pitching has already given up more runs than last year but yes, it’s the terrible offense that is the problem. Cain, Aguilar, and Shaw having their typical seasons could have helped us out slug our crap pitching for a better record, but it’s still the pitching for why we are struggling in 2019.

Perez should have been bunting and BC92 is a straight up bozo that should’ve been dealt with long, long ago.

You sound like a mafia hit man.

He doesn't want you dead. Just banished from Brewerfan boards and left to talk Brewer baseball on Facebook comment threads.

Archived