Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Eye Black

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another LHP, no Hiura, a slumping Davies vs a hot hitting, great home team. Team needs to dig down deep, Suter’s back with the team so that should help loosen em up and hopefully motivate the team. If they can find a way to somehow win this game, I’ll be quite surprised. But it’s Baseball.

Brewers have 1 game before rosters expand. They're playing against a lefty starter. They just called up 2 lefty bats. I feel confused.

Who do you suggest they call up?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers have 1 game before rosters expand. They're playing against a lefty starter. They just called up 2 lefty bats. I feel confused.

Freitas! Freitas! Freitas! Our SS solution for next year!

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Uhh, did Braun get hurt yesterday? Why would he not be facing Hameln?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Hiura injury just hammers home the ridiculous lack of quality RH options, forget quality, how bout just options. Stearns has to be embarrassed. This major problem with the roster was very apparent at the deadline, but nothing was done. Why? Lack of financial resources? Lack of belief in this team?. Both are probably true. I still believe this team will win a lot of games in September, but now fall short a game or two.

Freitas! Freitas! Freitas! Our SS solution for next year!

I like how so many people discount Freitas as worthless when he has basically the same career path as Manny Pina so far, just with better AAA numbers. If brewcrew92 doesn't exist does Freitas still suck so much? I wonder sometimes.

Anyway, yeah Freitas seems like a better option than Shaw to me personally. Why even have him on the 40 man?

The Hiura injury just hammers home the ridiculous lack of quality RH options, forget quality, how bout just options.

BINGO!

Freitas doesn’t have a place to play. How many times do we have to cover this? BC92 has made it a joke and it’s all fun and stuff but there’s a reason he’s not up and they’re named Grandal and Pina which both have been doing just fine vs. LHP.

Uhh, did Braun get hurt yesterday? Why would he not be facing Hameln?

Does Hamels have reverse splits or something? Trying to make sense of loading the lineup with lefties but not Thames.......bizarre

Well Braun has a career OPS over .800 against him. So I’m not really sure.

Edit: Braun has a bad back and Cain a bad knee so that is why they are out

Couple vets laying down the season.

Well Davies has a 5.42 era against the Cubs and Hamels has been getting rocked lately. It looks to be a high scoring game at Wrigley.

Obviously posted before seeing the Brewers lineup.

Four lefties facing Hamels with Pina batting fifth.

Hiura, Cain, and Braun all out with injuries.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

Archived