Brewer Fanatic

Cub Fan Stories

Please feel free to move this or whatever but.... Does anyone have stories about friends your have that are Cub fans. Like here is mine.

Everytime the Brewers lose and the Cubs win, I get a freakin text message showing how many games the Cubs are behind the Brewers now. For example this morning I got one that read 4.5. And he does this everytime, I know its just in good humor but does anyone know how I could get back at him for this, besides doing it back. (Which I do). And does anyone else have any stories.

(Edit: kinder, gentler thread title --1992casey)

Quote:
does anyone know how I could get back at him

1. Sign up at peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com

2. When the Brewers make the playoffs, pee in your pants, ring your pants out and put the pee in his bed.

I would find a picture of the Wrigley flags with the Brewers on top and send it to him and tell him he can't talk until the Cubs flag is flying on top. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Get rid of your friend, he likes the Cubs.

Stupid Cub Fans.

No need to be repetitive.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

I just find it funny how the guy is almost celebrating the fact that the Cubs are still behind the Brewers by X number of games. Might be below the belt, but I'd just send him text messages that just say "Prior" or "Bartman" - something along those lines.

Might be below the belt, but I'd just send him text messages that just say "Prior" or "Bartman" - something along those lines.

Not below the belt at all. Cub fans make a big deal out of both of those situations, when other fan bases would've let it go. Feel free to rub it in their faces.

I do nothing. I say nothing. (Almost)

I have a friend who is a Cubs/Bears fan. A few years ago when the Bears still sucked and the Pack was still respectable, I would simply say nothing after the Pack beat them. It would drive him crazy. He wanted me to say something so that he could strike back, and when I didn't he would just finally say, "Will you just say it!"

This year with the Crew he's a lot more reasonable and he'll say little things and I'll just say, "We'll see. I think the Brewers have a good team. I think they're still in first."

That puts him over the edge because he knows I care, but I just pretend I don't.

One of my best buddies is a Cubs AND Brewers fan...when they play each other he roots for the Cubs to win their home games and the Brewers to win their home games. I think he is seriously confused and I constantly try to sway him over to the good side. He says that the only thing that will make him choose one over the other is if/when they play each other in the playoffs, but even then I don't know who he would root for until they would play each other. I really do enjoy going back and forth with him though and makes the season a lot more enjoyable. It would almost be easier if I could talk some trash to him but thats impossible because he likes and is passionate about both teams...I guess its a win-win situation for him this year as long as one of them makes the playoffs.

Quote:
I would find a picture of the Wrigley flags with the Brewers on top and send it to him and tell him he can't talk until the Cubs flag is flying on top. lol

I would love a picture of this if anyone took one during that last series!

Archived