Brewer Fanatic

2019-08-28: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers win, 4-1]

Eye Black

2 pitch Hader better then 1 pitch Hader.......still missing his spots in bad locations too often with the fastball but he got away with them......maybe because they had to think about the slider.....

Good win......LoOks like what Stearns and CC said about Lyles when they acquired him has been accurate......they still liked his stuff and thought with some different sequencing he could be effective.

Can't always just look at a bad stretch and assume a guy sucks.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At some point, I think you do need to try to figure out if Lyles has put it together.

Much, I think depends on the AAV.

The right deal (say, three years, $13.5 million or two years, $10 million) could be large enough to give him that sense of security to stick around, but small enough that regression wouldn't be a killer. At the very least, Lyles is a swing arm, and a good one at that.

So the extra year and it’s now a video game run team. Or, maybe if one really believes in Lyles, then the smart move would be the 3 year deal. Do pitcher’s between the age of 28-31 still get 3 year deals for let’s say 18 million? If he’d take that I’d go 3 in a heartbeat.

Yes, because you've randomly tossed out extra years and money to just about anything with an arm or a "good eye" at the plate. All of that adds up at the end of the day. I implore you to look back through all of your posts and see how many ideas you have just flung out there to build a team and see if you can actually make sense of it. I would bet that if you did, and realized all of the things you have posted, you may understand why people question you so frequently around here.

I’ll be proven right on Grisham. I actually find it mind boggling that people that supposedly know baseball, are having a hard time seeing him as a future star. Forget the stats he had in AA and AAA this year, just watch him hit.

Just like all this talk about the “journeyman” Freitas. All this talk from people that have never seen him take a swing. Watch him play some games, watch him swing the bat first, you know, before leading the Freitas will save the world jokes.

At some point, I think you do need to try to figure out if Lyles has put it together.

Much, I think depends on the AAV.

The right deal (say, three years, $13.5 million or two years, $10 million) could be large enough to give him that sense of security to stick around, but small enough that regression wouldn't be a killer. At the very least, Lyles is a swing arm, and a good one at that.

Now we’re talkin, not sure he goes for that if he continues the DOMINATION he’s exhibiting.

Greetings. I've decided to wait for a nice win to introduce myself. I grew up in Chicago (don't hold that against me, lol) but moved to Racine many years ago and been a die hard Brewers fan ever since. I still think the wild card is in reach and this was a big win today with our pitching.

Sweep the Cubs and we're looking strong again. Extensions for everyone.

That might be going a bit overboard.

I’d only do extensions for the following players:

1.) Hiura > 8 years(till age 30) 6 full years of his prime.

2.) Grisham > 8 years(till age 30) 6 full years of his prime.

3.) Lyles > 3 years(till age 31) 1 year of his prime.

That’s it for the extensions, at least for now.

, Lyles at 18 for 3 is a less risky deal than Chacin for 2 at 16. Lyles is younger and has way better stuff.

I know Chacin is an easy target this year but please go look at his career compared to Lyles and try again. Do your homework a bit before posting sometimes.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

, Lyles at 18 for 3 is a less risky deal than Chacin for 2 at 16. Lyles is younger and has way better stuff.

I know Chacin is an easy target this year but please go look at his career compared to Lyles and try again. Do your homework a bit before posting sometimes.

Lyles 3/$18mil

That is the worst proposed deal I have seen since Clancy wanted to sign Hernan Pérez to a big extension.

It’s got nothing to do with homework. Lyles was really good out of the pen for us after he came over last year. Pitched well for Pittsburgh, then not so well, Stearns wanted him back, see that’s the key for me, because he obviously sees something special in him. Then from the get go, he’s been beyond good. Sorry I’m the only one sold here.

It’s got nothing to do with homework. Lyles was really good out of the pen for us after he came over last year. Pitched well for Pittsburgh, then not so well, Stearns wanted him back, see that’s the key for me, because he obviously sees something special in him. Then from the get go, he’s been beyond good. Sorry I’m the only one sold here.

Being sold is one thing. Talking out of you ass is another. Unfortunately you do a lot of the second thing and seem to get a kick out of it. Does nothing good for this place.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lyles 3/$18mil

That is the worst proposed deal I have seen since Clancy wanted to sign Hernan Pérez to a big extension.

If he keeps this up, it gonna be 2 years at 18. 6 million a year for a FA starting pitcher that could be a #3 or strong 4 is sorta robbery isn’t it?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Game threads can go off the rails, and that's fine. If posters want to bring up certain players for extensions or trades in multiple threads, let's pop over to the rumors/proposals forum and start a thread there so we're not running multiple threads off the rails about the same thing in multiple forums. Thanks.

Archived